Bullnose Forums

New member- 1984 Bronco

StraightSix

Hi Everyone!

Here is some info on my Bronco –

1984, 300-6, aprox 175k miles, np435, 3.55 gears, no ac, 8.8 rear end, dana 44 TTB front, 31” tires

The bronco is still pretty close to stock condition, with few modifications made over the years. my goal is a weekend cruiser, hunting/fishing truck, camping truck, ETC. So far, the only modification that I have made is adding a front receiver for my winch.

Im planning several major modifications over the next year or so. A 3G alternator upgrade and supporting wiring changes for a winch are in the works and scheduled to be complete by 11/15/2020. An Offenhauser C intake, motorcraft 2150 with 1.08 venturis, duraspark II distributor and coil, as well as 2.5” exhaust components are all waiting in the garage for a spring 2021 computer/smog pump/egr/stock intake delete project. I still have some parts to gather for this project.

Finally, an entire 300 – 6 engine from an 82 truck is waiting for its chance for a full rebuild and swap into the bronco to address some of the reliability issues that come with these older engines. The plans for this block are still fuzzy, but I suspect that head P-P, a cam, and potentially a higher compression ratio will all be in order. Maybe even port fuel injection way down the road.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

However, our "joining process", which is not working well, asks you to post your first post in the New Members Start Here folder. The reason is that's where we keep the guidelines, and since we hold every member to them pretty tightly we want to make sure you've had a chance to read them.

Have you? And, would it be ok if we moved this thread there? Then you'd be free to start a thread on your Bronco here in the main section and we'll follow along on its progress.

Ok?

Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

However, our "joining process", which is not working well, asks you to post your first post in the New Members Start Here folder. The reason is that's where we keep the guidelines, and since we hold every member to them pretty tightly we want to make sure you've had a chance to read them.

Have you? And, would it be ok if we moved this thread there? Then you'd be free to start a thread on your Bronco here in the main section and we'll follow along on its progress.

Ok?

Gary,

Thanks for the welcome! Your site has already been an incredible resource.

I have had a chance to read the terms. It would be just fine if this was moved to the new member forum. Thanks!

Would it be kosher for me to post an alternator wiring question here? Thanks again!

-StraightSix

Gary,

Thanks for the welcome! Your site has already been an incredible resource.

I have had a chance to read the terms. It would be just fine if this was moved to the new member forum. Thanks!

Would it be kosher for me to post an alternator wiring question here? Thanks again!

-StraightSix

Moved!

And, while you could post your alternator question here I'd create a new thread in the main section for that. More people will see it so you'll get more, and potentially more complete, responses.

Hey, where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a town or zip.

Moved!

And, while you could post your alternator question here I'd create a new thread in the main section for that. More people will see it so you'll get more, and potentially more complete, responses.

Hey, where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a town or zip.

30170, Roopville Ga is home.

Thanks! Ill make a new post with my alternator question. Its about the 3g upgrade. Ive read your documentation but have an issue Ive run into. Thanks again!