Bullnose Forums

For my fellow 300 enthusiasts

Sac79

Excellent! I love the sound of it on the dyno!

I just started working on my crusty 300 today...I hope it awakens from it's years long slumber as well as the engine in the show.

Thanks for posting.

They are tough motors and I’m sure yours will be no exception. The old timer and local legend that helped me build the 351w in my truck used to dirt track race a Pinto with a 300. He was untouchable in his day. They don’t like to spin high but with enough persistence you can make them do it. Got to sit down with him and learn a few of his 300 tricks, should’ve had a notepad.

They are tough motors and I’m sure yours will be no exception. The old timer and local legend that helped me build the 351w in my truck used to dirt track race a Pinto with a 300. He was untouchable in his day. They don’t like to spin high but with enough persistence you can make them do it. Got to sit down with him and learn a few of his 300 tricks, should’ve had a notepad.

I'm skeptical of this series. These are the same guys that rebuilt the original engine from Bigfoot 1, and I saw mention on the Bigfoot Facebook Page a few months ago during their open house that the engine was removed from the truck as it had oiling issues. May not be Powernation's fault, or maybe it was?

I'm skeptical of this series. These are the same guys that rebuilt the original engine from Bigfoot 1, and I saw mention on the Bigfoot Facebook Page a few months ago during their open house that the engine was removed from the truck as it had oiling issues. May not be Powernation's fault, or maybe it was?

I think that they know their stuff... Pat used to be a lead builder on a racing team (which was featured on Horse Power and how he eventually ended up on the channel). I have seen some questionable things, but a lot of it is a matter opinion.

That said, the show skims over a lot (which it has to to meet the time slot allotted)... Good for seeing what's out there (and getting build ideas to explore), not good for an exact how-to DIY guide. Not the place to get details from.