Bullnose Forums

Harborite88

Awesome! Thank You! I am looking for a turn key mostly well taken care of truck. Which has made the search harder. But I am willing to fly mostly anywhere to get it. I am in Tacoma, WA.

Check out this also: https://searchworldmarketplace.com/United-States

I've used it a few times alongside SearchTempest.

On Craigslist, are you using the inclusion/exclusion filters? I had two pretty narrowly defined ones when I was searching the country for my dream truck. Using the android app (not the official one) it made it pretty quick to scroll through the whole US and see if anything new popped up.

For example:

(1983|1984|1985|1986)(F350|F-350) -(motorcycle|financing)

On Craigslist, are you using the inclusion/exclusion filters? I had two pretty narrowly defined ones when I was searching the country for my dream truck. Using the android app (not the official one) it made it pretty quick to scroll through the whole US and see if anything new popped up.

For example:

Oh! I just opened the app to waste some time and forgot I'd saved this one (caught my eye).

If the guy still has it and you are interested, it is really close to me so could check it out.

It is a flatbed but that could be remedied.

https://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/nixa-1986-ford-350-4x4/7210381938.html

Gary - didn't we do a frame comparison within the last couple years? I was thinking the 1ton c&c frames were thicker but the pickup 250/350's were the same? In short, aside from badging is there any difference now between BB and an 86 F350?

I completely get wanting to get a true, off the line F350 so not discounting that. Just thinking of a potential backup plan.

For sure, thank you! Definitely looking for an off the line F350. Even though swapping the IFS out of an F250 for the straight axle is fairly simple. Would love to have that real deal.

There was an 86 on rust free classics that sold a little while ago that was absolutely perfect I just didn’t realize the site existed until after it was already gone.

Oh! I just opened the app to waste some time and forgot I'd saved this one (caught my eye).

If the guy still has it and you are interested, it is really close to me so could check it out.

It is a flatbed but that could be remedied.

https://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/nixa-1986-ford-350-4x4/7210381938.html

Thanks for the offer! I actually talked to this guy over text and it sounded like the floor, doors, and fenders were fairly rusty. Hoping to find one in good shape.

For example:

I used search tempest to bring up the different craigslist regions. Just with the years and make defined in the filter with the keyword “F350 4x4”. I saved all the different region searches then set them all to notify me with new listings.

I used search tempest to bring up the different craigslist regions. Just with the years and make defined in the filter with the keyword “F350 4x4”. I saved all the different region searches then set them all to notify me with new listings.

Sounds like you've got a good system set up! Keep us updated :nabble_smiley_happy:

For sure, thank you! Definitely looking for an off the line F350. Even though swapping the IFS out of an F250 for the straight axle is fairly simple. Would love to have that real deal.

There was an 86 on rust free classics that sold a little while ago that was absolutely perfect I just didn’t realize the site existed until after it was already gone.

You are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for changing out an IFS for a solid axle, you can check out my thread on Big Blue's Transformation for doing that, as well as many other things. I used a Sky Offroad reverse shackle kit and put SuperDuty springs under it to make the ride smoother. But that cost quite a bit, so you are better off getting the F350 of your dreams to start with.

As for changing out an IFS for a solid axle, you can check out my thread on Big Blue's Transformation for doing that, as well as many other things. I used a Sky Offroad reverse shackle kit and put SuperDuty springs under it to make the ride smoother. But that cost quite a bit, so you are better off getting the F350 of your dreams to start with.

Awesome! Thanks Gary!

• 1 month later...

Finally found it. 86 F350 C6 460 factory tach smoke metallic. I love this truck!F13EA421-E351-4D5E-98FA-81E33EF1B7E8.jpeg.f5bb006517c28e1055c7e7357c8d91a4.jpeg