Bullnose Forums

Looking for recommendation on "Injector Install Kit"

It appears that several of my fuel return lines are leaking where they meet the cap. When looking for injector install kits - the ones that include new O-rings, hose, etc - there appear to be a wide range of prices.

Does anyone have a recommendation for such a kit? I'm not opposed to spending more to get a quality part, but I would like to know that it is quality before I buy.

For context:

Accurate Diesel ~ $30.00

Nappa has several ~ $40 - $100

Even billet rails are an option ~ $260

Get the DELPHI fuel return line kit from NAPA. Keep in mind that there are two different kits, one kit has four 90 deg return caps and the other has two. So take a quick look at the injectors on the front and rear corners to see if they have the 90 deg caps.

Get the DELPHI fuel return line kit from NAPA. Keep in mind that there are two different kits, one kit has four 90 deg return caps and the other has two. So take a quick look at the injectors on the front and rear corners to see if they have the 90 deg caps.

I've never seen a difference in quality. I'm pretty sure that they're all packaged by Diapco.

There are at least two kits because IH used two different sizes of return lines. Early 6.9s used 3/16", late 6.9 and all 7.3 engines use 1/4" lines.

Usually you can just replace the O-rings and the rubber fuel lines unless the injector caps and clamps are damaged. Main thing to look for is Viton o-rings, as they last a bit longer. This is the first place they leak. Many owners buy bulk bags of the Viton o-rings since they need replacing more than the other components.

Usually you can just replace the O-rings and the rubber fuel lines unless the injector caps and clamps are damaged. Main thing to look for is Viton o-rings, as they last a bit longer. This is the first place they leak. Many owners buy bulk bags of the Viton o-rings since they need replacing more than the other components.

Thanks for all the insight - I really appreciate it!

Part of what got me wondering was that it appeared as if the the previous owner replaced the lines on the passenger side (which all have small leaks), where as the driver's side appears older, but leak free.

Thanks for all the insight - I really appreciate it!

Part of what got me wondering was that it appeared as if the the previous owner replaced the lines on the passenger side (which all have small leaks), where as the driver's side appears older, but leak free.

When you install the return tees, use plenty of Vaseline and make sure you feel them "click" onto the injectors. Otherwise, they will leak - maybe not much, but you IDI won't like to start cold...