Bullnose Forums

Spare Tire Carrier (Fender Mount) Hinge Washers?

Jason2215

Hey all. I bought a spare tire carrier off ebay, mine was removed by the PO, but he left the mounts. So I'm in the middle of refurbishing the carrier and removed it from its current mounts, which were in pretty rough shape. Anyway, I noticed there was a lot of play up and down and there is a small washer/sleeve on the bolt that attaches the carrier to the mount. My question....are these washers/sleeves available for purchase and if not, has anyone used an alternative they recommend? I was just going to look for a polyurethane or some type of plastic washer that I could get to fit, and lube it up. But really open to suggestions so it opens/closes nice and easy.

Hah! There it is. At least I think. They seem shorter.

I used a few bushings like that when taking apart unserviceable pieces on the 86. I got mine at my local Ace. They had some in mylar, brass, and some other 'plastic' that I can't recall. Might be worth a look.

I used a few bushings like that when taking apart unserviceable pieces on the 86. I got mine at my local Ace. They had some in mylar, brass, and some other 'plastic' that I can't recall. Might be worth a look.

Thanks man! I ended up drilling out some washers I had that seemed to fit right and I think I’ll try the washers I found just to see if they make a difference. It’s going to have a heavy tire on it...just want to give it some reinforcement where I can. I hope the body will hold up too. I have a 35 w an aluminum wheel I’m trying to put on there.

Thanks man! I ended up drilling out some washers I had that seemed to fit right and I think I’ll try the washers I found just to see if they make a difference. It’s going to have a heavy tire on it...just want to give it some reinforcement where I can. I hope the body will hold up too. I have a 35 w an aluminum wheel I’m trying to put on there.

So just a tad bigger than stock :nabble_smiley_wink:

Looking forward to photos and a report back on the washers!