Bullnose Forums

$600 Bullnose, or I love Texas, and a tire code puzzler

BlueF150.jpg.a8f32f595fb61c912a304f8db8ca168c.jpg

Picked this up last night. 351 with 4sp manual. Clean interior, no play in steering column. Won't start, starter is frozen after PO doing crank no start. Turned the motor over by hand to be sure. Motor looks fresh, new distributor and cap, a spare Bully hood in the bed and mostly clean panels under the cheap paint.

Trying to find out how old the barely-worn BFGs are.

DOT tire codes are as follows:

BF60HW31 front tires

BF60AT11 back tires

afaik, there should be four more digits following, if made after 2000. Or three more digits if made before 2000. But there are none. Anybody wanna take a crack?

Nice truck! Congrat's!!!!!!

There's a story behind that $600. They guy posted $900 but I thought it was $600, had only glanced at his post long enough to get the address and hurry there.

So I started dickering at $400. Poor guy was kind about it. He countered with $600 and the deal was done.

We really can use those front quarter panels, grill and hood for Puddles our 86 Bully. And check out that tailgate. I haven't seen one of those before on a Bully, looks more like a Dentside to me. The seller got several calls from folks wanting to buy just the tailgate

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/818822818918693/

There's a story behind that $600. They guy posted $900 but I thought it was $600, had only glanced at his post long enough to get the address and hurry there.

So I started dickering at $400. Poor guy was kind about it. He countered with $600 and the deal was done.

We really can use those front quarter panels, grill and hood for Puddles our 86 Bully. And check out that tailgate. I haven't seen one of those before on a Bully, looks more like a Dentside to me. The seller got several calls from folks wanting to buy just the tailgate

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/818822818918693/

That tailgate panel came on all of the 80-84 higher trim trucks like XLT and Lariat. What people really wanted was the tailgate, because they're getting really hard to find in good shape and the reproductions are garbage.