Bullnose Forums

What makes Brutus so special

what an interesting cluster set up you guys have and I like the aluminized bezels.

They look good. I have a woodgrain set from an '86 that I was going to try and paint...not sure how that will turn out though.

The original bezels were gray, we repainted them. The cluster itself Nick did. The horn pad was woodgrain and is painted the same color. He used Rustoleum wheel paint to do it.

steering_wheel_before.jpg.a7806de3dd6d29d2f75d6a32ed653a06.jpg

steering_wheel.jpg.a11df91d96079e5b37d02af639a627f8.jpg

DSCN0758.jpg.496430e29c0afd8a32b26348f961138f.jpg

20200606_071659.jpg.525c0183b506f571c8269b8e8e929fdd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nick installed a digital speedometer from an 83 town car. The instrument cluster he did himself he did in gray to match the bezels. The bezels are original to the truck and have always been gray just a bit darker. From when it was new, it never really did look right with the woodgrain steering wheel and the gray bezels. and if you notice the chrome around the door panel is painted the same color gray. That with the flouresccent orange needles i think looks really good.

George, if you ever wanted to do something different with the tachometer, look at this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1988-Thunderbird-Cougar-NOS-REMAN-DIGITAL-TACHOMETER-MULTI-GAUGE-INDICATOR/154126774679?hash=item23e2abf197:g:nsoAAOSwxr1ffieA

Nick installed a digital speedometer from an 83 town car. The instrument cluster he did himself he did in gray to match the bezels. The bezels are original to the truck and have always been gray just a bit darker. From when it was new, it never really did look right with the woodgrain steering wheel and the gray bezels. and if you notice the chrome around the door panel is painted the same color gray. That with the flouresccent orange needles i think looks really good.

George, if you ever wanted to do something different with the tachometer, look at this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1988-Thunderbird-Cougar-NOS-REMAN-DIGITAL-TACHOMETER-MULTI-GAUGE-INDICATOR/154126774679?hash=item23e2abf197:g:nsoAAOSwxr1ffieA

That would probably work. now you got me thinking here, but at the price they want, I'm going to show it to nick and see what he says.

• 2 weeks later...
Just ordered the gas tank for Brutus aka " ghost truck " He came with a 23 gallon side mount fuel tank. a few years ago the sending unit went out and spent countless hours trying to find one for a 23 gallon tank. The 19 gallon side mount fits and we had to get it. It works with the exception it dosent reach to the bottom of the tank quite naturally. We thought about modifying it, but in the end decided to go ahead and buy a new fuel tank