Bullnose Forums

XLS picture request

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark/Dyn Blin asked me to post this Marti report for him:

Cool stuff Gary / Dyn!

Just over a 1000 built with the XLS package in 1982? Thats not a lot is it?

What is the Sports Instrumentation option? Is that the silver bezel package?

I've been wanting to get a Marti report just out of curiosity, but just never bothered. This is inspiring!

Cool stuff Gary / Dyn!

I've been wanting to get a Marti report just out of curiosity, but just never bothered. This is inspiring!

I've seen 1 XLS Bronco in my life (years before I bought mine: an '83 Custom); never an F. But I'm surprised they came with auto trans, tach, A/C, headliner, cruise, & underdash courtesy lights. I don't see a crank - does it also have PW/PL?

Cool stuff Gary / Dyn!

J

Cool stuff Gary / Dyn!ust over a 1000 built with the XLS package in 1982? That's not a lot is it?

I haven't had time to dive into the rabbit hole on the options packages- some of Gary's '82 sales brochures list some, but others are mystery. Part of the reason we thought it should be posted was to elicit conversation to expand the knowledge base- I welcome the commentary.

That's not the name of the dealership here anymore. That's cool!

On edit: Got the high altitude option I see!

That's one of the reasons I finally buckled down and ordered the report. Gary and I have been scratching our heads about the CA-production but (potential) non-CA barometer into the 3rd socket on the ICM. The garage that helped me get the emissions equipment functioning to pass for the registration transfer thought maybe it went to Reno for sale because of it.

I'm been through there many a time when I had reasons to be in Klamath Falls, and thought I recalled a dealership on that corner, but didn't trust my memory.

That's not the name of the dealership here anymore. That's cool!

On edit: Got the high altitude option I see!

That's one of the reasons I finally buckled down and ordered the report. Gary and I have been scratching our heads about the CA-production but (potential) non-CA barometer into the 3rd socket on the ICM. The garage that helped me get the emissions equipment functioning to pass for the registration transfer thought maybe it went to Reno for sale because of it.

I'm been through there many a time when I had reasons to be in Klamath Falls, and thought I recalled a dealership on that corner, but didn't trust my memory.

Yes, the dealership used to be down there. Neat building. 4100 foot elevation here, that had to help with the emission "onion".

Was Balsiger Ford before. Here's a neat shot!

https://www.facebook.com/Klamath.County.Museum/photos/a.125751600803505/1068099513235371/?type=1&theater

Edit: to add info.

Cool stuff Gary / Dyn!

Cory, sports instrumentation just meant a cluster with a tachometer and a trip odometer.

Steve, the XLS were mostly optioned similar to the mid level XL’s but with sporty cosmetics stuff. I did see one with power door options, but the truck was not very original, and I am skeptical that it came from the factory that way... but maybe it did. Tilt/cruise was definitely an option, although not common.

The 1,067 number was for F150 4x4’s for that year... so there were more that were 2wd, plus some that were F100’s? At least that’s how I am understanding that statistic.

Mark, thanks for sharing this. I was hoping that someone would order one. I’m fairly convinced now that Ford tracked that package and that XLS must be specified on the build sheet.

I hope you got your emissions/registration figured out. I don’t tend to think of 4,000’ as high altitude but I guess to some it is... and would have warranted different carburetor calibration and emissions stuff 😕.

Cory, sports instrumentation just meant a cluster with a tachometer and a trip odometer.

Steve, the XLS were mostly optioned similar to the mid level XL’s but with sporty cosmetics stuff. I did see one with power door options, but the truck was not very original, and I am skeptical that it came from the factory that way... but maybe it did. Tilt/cruise was definitely an option, although not common.

The 1,067 number was for F150 4x4’s for that year... so there were more that were 2wd, plus some that were F100’s? At least that’s how I am understanding that statistic.

Mark, thanks for sharing this. I was hoping that someone would order one. I’m fairly convinced now that Ford tracked that package and that XLS must be specified on the build sheet.

I hope you got your emissions/registration figured out. I don’t tend to think of 4,000’ as high altitude but I guess to some it is... and would have warranted different carburetor calibration and emissions stuff 😕.

Along a similar vein as this thread (though not really on-topic)...

What was the first year for factory power mirrors? I assume from the PNs I've collected in this caption that it was '84:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/895332/thumbnail/mirrorpwrearly.jpg

I actually found (& may still have) a door harness with this wiring that I think I got from a bullnose, but I'm not positive where it came from. I used to have someone else's real-life pics of these mirrors on a bricknose, but I've lost them.

Along a similar vein as this thread (though not really on-topic)...

What was the first year for factory power mirrors? I assume from the PNs I've collected in this caption that it was '84:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/895332/thumbnail/mirrorpwrearly.jpg

I actually found (& may still have) a door harness with this wiring that I think I got from a bullnose, but I'm not positive where it came from. I used to have someone else's real-life pics of these mirrors on a bricknose, but I've lost them.

This page (Exterior/Exterior Mirrors) says:

82/86 F-U100/350 E3TZ 17682-H R.H.-electric mirror-remote control E3TZ 17682-J L.H.-electric mirror-remote control

It does seem strange to have an '83 engineering/ID # and have been offered in '82. But maybe they re-engineered it the next year and replaced the E2TZ w/the E3TZ in the catalog, which happened all the time.

Because the 1982 facts book (Literature/1982 Literature/1982 Light Truck Facts Book) shows electric mirrors were available in '82. And, it says "This new option...", so apparently they did start in '82.