Bullnose Forums

XLS picture request

I missed the blue part. And, that fits because if you look at the Body Codes you'll see that it must be "CB", which is "blue cloth and vinyl".

Well, we now have 5 out of 10 XLS paint colors backed up with certification labels... not bad considering. I tried to join a FB group with a white styleside listed for sale, but I never got a response from the moderator. Ian Craig who tipped me off to it tried to add me to the group but no dice... it can be frustrating 😔

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we now have 5 out of 10 XLS paint colors backed up with certification labels... not bad considering. I tried to join a FB group with a white styleside listed for sale, but I never got a response from the moderator. Ian Craig who tipped me off to it tried to add me to the group but no dice... it can be frustrating 😔

What group is that?

I believe it is a for-sale group. I was surprised that it was/is a closed group... let alone hard to join 😕 oh well... such is the nature of Facebook sometimes.

I remember that truck. As for the group, some time the admins get distracted and miss things. Maybe try again? Or, does Facebook allow you to try again?

I remember that truck. As for the group, some time the admins get distracted and miss things. Maybe try again? Or, does Facebook allow you to try again?

With friend requests I think you can cancel the request, then send it again... but I can’t find any record of having requested to join this group. I guess it would be worth a shot, but the truck is likely gone by now. I will try again though... one never knows

Edit: I found the group and it let me cancel my request, then I requested again and answered three questions. We will see what happens. I was mistaken. It is not a for sale group.

• 3 months later...

With friend requests I think you can cancel the request, then send it again... but I can’t find any record of having requested to join this group. I guess it would be worth a shot, but the truck is likely gone by now. I will try again though... one never knows

Edit: I found the group and it let me cancel my request, then I requested again and answered three questions. We will see what happens. I was mistaken. It is not a for sale group.

Trolling the internet for Ford junk this morning and I came across what looks to be an XLS Flareside in Ohio.

Looks like the brushed alum dash and steering wheel pad are there, but radio bezel has been swapped? Windshield molding is not black.

Maybe it is a regular truck that was converted. Have we seen this one before?

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/1981-ford-f150/6729250965.html

Trolling the internet for Ford junk this morning and I came across what looks to be an XLS Flareside in Ohio.

Looks like the brushed alum dash and steering wheel pad are there, but radio bezel has been swapped? Windshield molding is not black.

That may be a clone. There's certainly been some swapping going on. The hood says it is 80 or 81, but the XLS wasn't available except for 82 and 83. And the windshield trim is wrong. Plus the radio bezel appears to be as well. And it looks to me like it is an '85 or '6 with the DIN opening - and it says CUSTOM.

What's up with the screwdriver or chisel handle for a gearshift lever? And it has the locking hood release. Plus what looks like a fold down arm rest/cup holder.

I would agree with Gary that this is a bezel swap. It is impossible to tell if the brushed texture is there (i.e. genuine XLS bezels) but the wear pattern on the horn pad makes me think they are. It also looks like is has the “dealer added” AC vents. The radio bezel is a 80/81 because of the “Custom” nameplate which went away in 82. It’s possibly the original bezel for that truck. It is a DIN opening but it’s been hacked out.

904C56D0-2204-4C10-92E8-E96AB3D8905C.thumb.jpeg.ad6e575378f8dd259da6f72cb0673c20.jpeg