Bullnose Forums

XLS picture request

I got a hand-me-down printer/scanner from Janey, and it works pretty well. In fact, I was planning on sending the book out to have scanned, but this one works well enough that I may do it myself.

And, I could re-scan some other things, like out of the '81 organizer, if you need it.

Thanks Gary, I think everything I need should be in the 82/83 books and brochures, but if I end up needing anything out of the 81 I will ask.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gary, I think everything I need should be in the 82/83 books and brochures, but if I end up needing anything out of the 81 I will ask.

Look what I got today. Notice the date at the bottom. :nabble_smiley_grin:

There may be more in another section, but I wanted to get you this ASAP.

Trim_Selections_P7.thumb.jpg.128a34bf55e7ca457080eb364871631a.jpg

Trim_Selections_P8.thumb.jpg.0fae2bc8f51d750c487cff6988c92ca8.jpg

Look what I got today. Notice the date at the bottom. :nabble_smiley_grin:

There may be more in another section, but I wanted to get you this ASAP.

That is great Gary! The detailed description of the stripe packages is particularly nice. It is also nice to have full detail on how the trim level was optioned. Not surprising, but nice to know what was standard regarding carpet, door trim etc., thank you for getting this to me. The more of this that I see, the less I think I should write in my own words. Some explaining and organizing will still be necessary but for the most part the facts organizer snipits are better documentation than anything I can write.

That is great Gary! The detailed description of the stripe packages is particularly nice. It is also nice to have full detail on how the trim level was optioned. Not surprising, but nice to know what was standard regarding carpet, door trim etc., thank you for getting this to me. The more of this that I see, the less I think I should write in my own words. Some explaining and organizing will still be necessary but for the most part the facts organizer snipits are better documentation than anything I can write.

I agree that the organizer snippets are the best way to go. They are hard to dispute. But it will probably take some words to summarize what they say.

And, by the way, I just OCR'd the '83 page that has the XLS info. In other words, it has been created to a pdf with actual words instead of a picture of words. So, we'll use that one in some fashion as Google will find it and the XLS questors will be able to those details. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• 4 weeks later...

I came across this truck today while trolling the internet for other things. Just thought I'd post it up.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1982-ford-f100-xls-stepside/6566925647.html

Originally an XLS it appears, but has the wrong grille, fog lamps, and wheels. Oh, and motor as the 460 didn't come in an F100 - or an F150, and that's all that could be XLS'd. And it has an add-on V8 emblem that doesn't belong.

But, it is a nice looking truck and appears to be in pretty good shape. However, I doubt it is really worth the asking price.

• 3 weeks later...

Originally an XLS it appears, but has the wrong grille, fog lamps, and wheels. Oh, and motor as the 460 didn't come in an F100 - or an F150, and that's all that could be XLS'd. And it has an add-on V8 emblem that doesn't belong.

But, it is a nice looking truck and appears to be in pretty good shape. However, I doubt it is really worth the asking price.

Came across another XLS Flareside. This one looks to be fairly intact no?

I'm certainly no expert on the model. Be a nice restoration project.

https://jacksontn.craigslist.org/cto/d/ultra-rare-84-flare-side-xls/6591967781.html

Came across another XLS Flareside. This one looks to be fairly intact no?

I'm certainly no expert on the model. Be a nice restoration project.

https://jacksontn.craigslist.org/cto/d/ultra-rare-84-flare-side-xls/6591967781.html

The seller knows it’s rare but that’s all he knows! No such thing as a XLS full size truck in 1984, no such thing as matching numbers on a Ford. Radio bezel has been swapped for burlwood, and the mirror heads are not correct. It’s not a bad truck but it’s not quite what he thinks it is, and I’d say it’s priced too high for the shape it’s in. Might make a difference if the XLS package is specified on the build sheet and Marti report but I have not found out if that’s the case or not.

The seller knows it’s rare but that’s all he knows! No such thing as a XLS full size truck in 1984, no such thing as matching numbers on a Ford. Radio bezel has been swapped for burlwood, and the mirror heads are not correct. It’s not a bad truck but it’s not quite what he thinks it is, and I’d say it’s priced too high for the shape it’s in. Might make a difference if the XLS package is specified on the build sheet and Marti report but I have not found out if that’s the case or not.

Maybe it's not actually an '84? I know nothing about the XLS trucks other than what I've read on here so I certainly can't spot the little differences. Figured I'd post it since they don't seem to pop up to often, and I do find them interesting. And I know the numbers matching was more of a GM or Mopar thing, but my '84 F150 has the last 8 or 9 digits of the VIN stamped in the back/top of the 302 block. I've come across other people confirming this, but most people do say no. Maybe it was only done on certain engines by certain people on certain shifts on the line?...Who knows. I found my by accident while cleaning the block, but it was there.

Maybe it's not actually an '84? I know nothing about the XLS trucks other than what I've read on here so I certainly can't spot the little differences. Figured I'd post it since they don't seem to pop up to often, and I do find them interesting. And I know the numbers matching was more of a GM or Mopar thing, but my '84 F150 has the last 8 or 9 digits of the VIN stamped in the back/top of the 302 block. I've come across other people confirming this, but most people do say no. Maybe it was only done on certain engines by certain people on certain shifts on the line?...Who knows. I found my by accident while cleaning the block, but it was there.

I haven't seen VIN's, even partials, on the engines of the trucks I've pulled apart. But there is a partial VIN on the frame roughly under the passenger.