Bullnose Forums

XLS picture request

This page (Exterior/Exterior Mirrors) says:

82/86 F-U100/350 E3TZ 17682-H R.H.-electric mirror-remote control E3TZ 17682-J L.H.-electric mirror-remote control

It does seem strange to have an '83 engineering/ID # and have been offered in '82. But maybe they re-engineered it the next year and replaced the E2TZ w/the E3TZ in the catalog, which happened all the time.

Because the 1982 facts book (Literature/1982 Literature/1982 Light Truck Facts Book) shows electric mirrors were available in '82. And, it says "This new option...", so apparently they did start in '82.

Have you (or anyone here) actually seen them on a bullnose, or do you have pics of them?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen them myself, but check out this Bronco: Picture Galleries/1984 Bronco XLT. There are several pics of the mirrors on that truck.

Nice! Thanks. Interesting that the underhood tool box isn't specifically listed on the options. I don't think that diamond-plate bumper is original, and I have my doubts about the dual tailpipe & tips, too. But it's certainly an interesting truck.

Nice! Thanks. Interesting that the underhood tool box isn't specifically listed on the options. I don't think that diamond-plate bumper is original, and I have my doubts about the dual tailpipe & tips, too. But it's certainly an interesting truck.

Yes, the underhood tool box is somewhat rare and should have been listed. As for the bumper, when I bought in '72 you could get lots of different bumpers from the dealership. So it may not have been sourced by Ford.

Anyway, it is a beautiful truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, the underhood tool box is somewhat rare and should have been listed. As for the bumper, when I bought in '72 you could get lots of different bumpers from the dealership. So it may not have been sourced by Ford.

Anyway, it is a beautiful truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

Trent tagged me in this on FB. It’s the first time I’ve seen a photo of a red XLS Bronco. I’ve seen the brochure ads but not an actual example:

3523E2F4-3DCF-48DD-8F1A-6E0B8733E07E.jpeg.83966e0ca0e2bd57dc9adc30dc20eda1.jpeg

It’s the first time I’ve seen a photo of a red XLS Bronco.
...or at least 93% of a red XLS Bronco. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

That's the first time I've seen a swing-out taillight. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, poor rusted away Bronco 😔

It would be interesting to know the stats on where the XLS’s were sold. Seems like quite a few ended up in the rust belt (maybe by virtue of being 4x4’s 🤷‍♂️).

It’s the first time I’ve seen a photo of a red XLS Bronco.
...or at least 93% of a red XLS Bronco. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

That's the first time I've seen a swing-out taillight. :nabble_smiley_good:

I think it was the '56 Chevy that had a swing-out taillight for access to the gas filler. Cool that someone added that to this Bronco. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, that Bronco has problems. But at least we know there were red versions of the XLS.