Bullnose Forums

installing radio in radio delete dash

No, the radio isn't supported by the plastic bezel. I'm not done yet, but look here on the Illustrations tab: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/radios1.html

Aha...OK, that makes sense then. My truck doesn't have the pocket or whatever that holder for the radio is called. I guess if I was going to do anything I'd want one out of a truck with a DIN radio dash...but would it come in the color necessary to match my 1984?...hmmm....this would likely get expensive...lol.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the radio isn't supported by the plastic bezel. I'm not done yet, but look here on the Illustrations tab: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/radios1.html

Aha...OK, that makes sense then. My truck doesn't have the pocket or whatever that holder for the radio is called. I guess if I was going to do anything I'd want one out of a truck with a DIN radio dash...but would it come in the color necessary to match my 1984?...hmmm....this would likely get expensive...lol.

Here's the LINK to my photos. If you scroll down you can see most of what you might be looking for.

Right now, I like the setup. The Amp is wired to turn on when I turn the ignition on. Bluetooth connects to my personal phone automatically. I have any audio playing from it and control the equalizer viz the phone. There IS volume control on the amp module but I use my phone for volume.

I integrated the controls into the ash tray and the USB (charger) and Aux port are where the lighter use to be. For some reason I didn't get a finished photo of that. You can see it in the photos sitting on the seat.

If you want more detail of what I did, just let me know.

I'm 110% for "our" trucks to look stock and original is why I went the way I did. The original radio is in the truck but not wired to the speakers. The FM stopped working, AM is non existent in my area and the Tape deck works but needs a MAJOR cleaning before it would ever sound good.

Right now, I like the setup. The Amp is wired to turn on when I turn the ignition on. Bluetooth connects to my personal phone automatically. I have any audio playing from it and control the equalizer viz the phone. There IS volume control on the amp module but I use my phone for volume.

I integrated the controls into the ash tray and the USB (charger) and Aux port are where the lighter use to be. For some reason I didn't get a finished photo of that. You can see it in the photos sitting on the seat.

So, could install the amp say, under the bench seat? And the controller would fit in the ash tray?

What size speakers are the doors set-up for? Were you able to use/install the speakers that came with this kit in the doors?

It's funny...

I'm excited that I can actually GIVE help TO someone instead of always asking FOR help FROM someone!

Just wanted to put that out there that today is a new beginning!!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Haha, and thank you for that.

Eventually, somebody will come along and need the information that you have.

Forums like this are absolutely wonderful for this very reason.

So, could install the amp say, under the bench seat? And the controller would fit in the ash tray?

What size speakers are the doors set-up for? Were you able to use/install the speakers that came with this kit in the doors?

I have the amp tucked against the firewall on the passengers side under the windshield.

20171112_170714.jpg.6351d5379576598b9f601474993db40c.jpg

Close Up

20171112_170709.jpg.004dc0a074d40fd4cd0287aaa76777aa.jpg

Without seeing it, I would guess that you could put this in the cavity where the stereo should be behind the blank in yours. If you go under the seat you might have to add extra wiring. Power, ground and a central location should all be right there in the dash.

The only thing I had to modify in the ash tray is cut the hole a littler bigger where the lighter was. Everything else fit perfectly.

I have the amp tucked against the firewall on the passengers side under the windshield.

Close Up

Without seeing it, I would guess that you could put this in the cavity where the stereo should be behind the blank in yours. If you go under the seat you might have to add extra wiring. Power, ground and a central location should all be right there in the dash.

The only thing I had to modify in the ash tray is cut the hole a littler bigger where the lighter was. Everything else fit perfectly.

Don/Pebcak - Take a look at what I wrote up here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/radios1.html. I'd like to have a few words about what you did and and use your pictures in another tab to the right of Bezels and show people another option. Would that be ok? As we get more ideas we can include them as well.

Don/Pebcak - Take a look at what I wrote up here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/radios1.html. I'd like to have a few words about what you did and and use your pictures in another tab to the right of Bezels and show people another option. Would that be ok? As we get more ideas we can include them as well.

OK, another related question...

What could I use for flexible wire looms between the cab and doors?

OK, another related question...

What could I use for flexible wire looms between the cab and doors?

I'd look at something from Best Buy or something if you want it. I just used the wire that was ran already through the rubber boot that connects the door to the cab.

I'd look at something from Best Buy or something if you want it. I just used the wire that was ran already through the rubber boot that connects the door to the cab.

OK, I'll dig around and see what I can find. I have no wiring at all to my doors, so I'll have to do this from scratch.