Bullnose Forums

joining the club

Jochen1964

Here in Okiehoma we sign the title and hand it over. Then, within 30 days, we go to the tag office and put it in our name.

As for the Autobahn, I didn't know the speed had been reduced that much. (For the others, 120 KPH is ~75 MPH.) And I'll bet that they are policing it pretty closely.

Gary,

Do you have to give the vehicle title to the bank if you finance a vehicle in Okiehoma? That's something I always found frustrating when trying to buy a vehicle in the US, and I wasn't sure if it was a state by state thing, or countrywide. I had to walk away from some deals in the US because of this, and in the end the only private sales I did were when the seller had the title in their hands. Up here in Canada, at least out on the east coast, we the owner always keep the title, financed or not.

Interesting on the Autobahn speeds as well. Oh well, there's always Nurburgring, right? Don't they have special track days when anybody is allowed on it, trucks included?

And six bucks a gallon for gas eh? It's up to $1.25/L here in Canada, so $5/gallon CDN...which is more like $4/gal USD. Perhaps I won't be driving my old F150 as much as I'd like this summer...or maybe I'll just go on a diet to cover the extra fuel costs...lol.

Good luck with the truck Jochen

Here in Okiehoma we sign the title and hand it over. Then, within 30 days, we go to the tag office and put it in our name.

As for the Autobahn, I didn't know the speed had been reduced that much. (For the others, 120 KPH is ~75 MPH.) And I'll bet that they are policing it pretty closely.

Gary,

Do you have to give the vehicle title to the bank if you finance a vehicle in Okiehoma? That's something I always found frustrating when trying to buy a vehicle in the US, and I wasn't sure if it was a state by state thing, or countrywide. I had to walk away from some deals in the US because of this, and in the end the only private sales I did were when the seller had the title in their hands. Up here in Canada, at least out on the east coast, we the owner always keep the title, financed or not.

Interesting on the Autobahn speeds as well. Oh well, there's always Nurburgring, right? Don't they have special track days when anybody is allowed on it, trucks included?

And six bucks a gallon for gas eh? It's up to $1.25/L here in Canada, so $5/gallon CDN...which is more like $4/gal USD. Perhaps I won't be driving my old F150 as much as I'd like this summer...or maybe I'll just go on a diet to cover the extra fuel costs...lol.

Good luck with the truck Jochen

Jochen - Hadn't realized the pickup hadn't been registered in Germany. I guess I assumed that it was owned by a US serviceman and had been registered there. So, not having been registered makes it a bit more complex, even here. In that case they have to "inspect" the vehicle to ensure that the VIN matches the title. And, they charge you a larger fee.

Anyway, why not start a thread in the main body about your truck? I'm sure the guys would want to read about the fun of getting it registered, etc. And then there's the care and feeding of it.

Pebcak - Yes, the bank does keep the title until you pay the loan off. In fact, when you "import" a vehicle from another state, if they can't do the inspection the state keeps the title. That's the situation with the Super Bee as it isn't driveable.

Jochen - Hadn't realized the pickup hadn't been registered in Germany. I guess I assumed that it was owned by a US serviceman and had been registered there. So, not having been registered makes it a bit more complex, even here. In that case they have to "inspect" the vehicle to ensure that the VIN matches the title. And, they charge you a larger fee.

Anyway, why not start a thread in the main body about your truck? I'm sure the guys would want to read about the fun of getting it registered, etc. And then there's the care and feeding of it.

Pebcak - Yes, the bank does keep the title until you pay the loan off. In fact, when you "import" a vehicle from another state, if they can't do the inspection the state keeps the title. That's the situation with the Super Bee as it isn't driveable.

will post the project in the main body once cleared. Will also add the story on the insurance then since this is a story itself. It is a thrilling project indeed

Yes to the Nürburgring Pebcak but that is far too dangerous for me with all the wannabees there

• 2 weeks later...

will post the project in the main body once cleared. Will also add the story on the insurance then since this is a story itself. It is a thrilling project indeed

Yes to the Nürburgring Pebcak but that is far too dangerous for me with all the wannabees there

Hi Jochen,

great seeing you here. But as I also bought my truck at Dieter and went though that I actually didn‘t find it a too bad having the car ready for TÜV and registered over here.

However, welcome here and lets meet some time. Summer is almost there.

Haveaniceday

Heinz

Hi Jochen,

great seeing you here. But as I also bought my truck at Dieter and went though that I actually didn‘t find it a too bad having the car ready for TÜV and registered over here.

However, welcome here and lets meet some time. Summer is almost there.

Haveaniceday

Heinz

Heinz - Don't miss his new thread here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Finally-brought-the-bullnose-home-td9865.html