Bullnose Forums

Finally a bullnose showed up into my junkyard today

Danny G

Metal thresholds were standard.

The "bar" is surely the jack handle and it attaches to two spring clips. The handle goes on the driver's side down by the headlight. And that reminds me - I've not added that to Big Blue! :nabble_smiley_cry:

Oh yes, I forgot. IIRC, the rear window comes out by pulling the center, lock piece, from the rear and pushing it in. That is an insert into the weatherstripping and pushes it out so it stays in place.

Huh I thought plastic would have been default.

Ok I thought that bar was for the jack just made me scratch my head because of the tire iron.

I am not following on the window removal. I am going to swing by harbor freight to see if they have the trim tool for the front windshield... Also something I don't fully know how to do... And some suction handles before I head back over today.

Here's a picture of it

Screenshot_20201001-0837242.png.0c77e708f8cf6e5e5d93cad4a7688e2a.png

Huh I thought plastic would have been default.

Ok I thought that bar was for the jack just made me scratch my head because of the tire iron.

I am not following on the window removal. I am going to swing by harbor freight to see if they have the trim tool for the front windshield... Also something I don't fully know how to do... And some suction handles before I head back over today.

Here's a picture of it

On the window, you can find the instructions here: Documentation/Body/Stationary Glass - Weatherstrip Seal. And a snippet of the instructions are shown below.

But, that doesn't fit with what I remember. On some of them there's an insert in the middle of the weatherstrip on the outside, some of which are black and some are chrome, and I was thinking that insert locks the weatherstrip into place and has to be removed first. Which confuses me as Big Blue is an '85 and I saw that insert the other day. And those instructions are from the 1985 factory shop manual and they don't mention that insert.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Rear_Window_Removal.thumb.jpg.01df55ba4adbe72089653a7dab3ebdff.jpg

On the window, you can find the instructions here: Documentation/Body/Stationary Glass - Weatherstrip Seal. And a snippet of the instructions are shown below.

But, that doesn't fit with what I remember. On some of them there's an insert in the middle of the weatherstrip on the outside, some of which are black and some are chrome, and I was thinking that insert locks the weatherstrip into place and has to be removed first. Which confuses me as Big Blue is an '85 and I saw that insert the other day. And those instructions are from the 1985 factory shop manual and they don't mention that insert.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Gary,

Those instructions are for removing the sliding glass panels from the rear window itself, correct?

Removing the whole sliding rear window from the cab is a snap. I've done a couple of them now, and they just pop right out with a couple trim removal tools. A little bit of spray lubricant helps, like windex or spray-9, etc. I've started in the upper left corner and then worked towards the middle. By the time you're half way across you can usually pull the whole thing out of the cab.

Removing the whole sliding rear window from the cab is a snap. I've done a couple of them now, and they just pop right out with a couple trim removal tools. A little bit of spray lubricant helps, like windex or spray-9, etc. I've started in the upper left corner and then worked towards the middle. By the time you're half way across you can usually pull the whole thing out of the cab.

Agreed - they pop out pretty easy. The last one I did I just ran my knife along the inside, removing the weatherstripping lip.

Agreed - they pop out pretty easy. The last one I did I just ran my knife along the inside, removing the weatherstripping lip.

Maybe that's it - individual panels. It, too, have popped the whole thing out and it was fairly easy IIRC.

Okay I'm at the junkyard pool and stuff now I decided to look at one of the 87 rangers they have sitting here it's got a really decent cluster in there that I figured I'd pull out and try to sell to somebody but it also has this air cleaner on this inline 4 I didn't know if that should be something I should take and probably pawn off as wellPXL_20201001_184116611.jpg.724342e6c036f37352fccc5e01b2b377.jpg

Okay I'm at the junkyard pool and stuff now I decided to look at one of the 87 rangers they have sitting here it's got a really decent cluster in there that I figured I'd pull out and try to sell to somebody but it also has this air cleaner on this inline 4 I didn't know if that should be something I should take and probably pawn off as well

PXL_20201001_184649749.jpg.f14b04c5569ce55a8d18f95f98a41de4.jpg