Bullnose Forums

Finally a bullnose showed up into my junkyard today

Danny G

Sorry using my phone and I don’t think my quote of your picture worked...

I didn't see it but I also didn't look for it. Next time I go back I can check. Still thinking about pulling the stuff from that ranger as well.

The window trim and rear window seemed to be in rougher shape than I thought initially. I can still probably buff it out but there is some pitting. The window track was pretty jacked up so I left it. They had dug some rifle racks in there and beat it to crap.

Sorry using my phone and I don’t think my quote of your picture worked...

I think it is there take a look at these close ups. I'll have to go pull it. I just ordered my new bumpers from lmc today. I already have the push guards and inserts in the garage.

Screenshot_20201001-210520.thumb.png.95fb06dd9f3a00ed680ecffd34f5081a.png

Screenshot_20201001-210539.thumb.png.f4fa24d13035c046646d64344fa55bf3.png

Screenshot_20201001-210547.thumb.png.e127375883eb821a7b9f8fa74beb3f50.png

Screenshot_20201001-210918.thumb.png.84ce01a452aa6b689b1aa721f85e414f.png

I'm half tempted to grab the washer bottle these motors are not replaceable correct?

They are replaceable, but the old ones can be a real bear to remove (at least up here in the land of rust). The steel shell on the motor rusts and swells up inside the plastic hole, which might as well weld them in place...lol. Those 1986 washer/coolant reservoirs are nice though if you have an older truck.

Now...I'm no expert on the 300/6 trucks, but I thought I read that the AC brackets are difficult to find for these engines? Might be worth removing.

Another desirable item would be the pedal assembly with the hydraulic clutch. People looking for those fairly often too.

The plastic glovebox liners are nice for replacing the old cardboard ones.

Man if I was down south I'd be grabbing so many parts off these trucks I'd have to rent a warehouse just to store it all...lol.

What condition is the battery tray and the bracket below it where the charcoal cannister mounts? Those things rust away and fall apart up here.

I tried to grab that bracket that the carbon filter mounts to yesterday. No go. I got the filter of and the first two bolts with some pretty hard effort. the last one just spun out... the battery tray was toast and was giving out where the bolt mounted.

I'm half tempted to grab the washer bottle these motors are not replaceable correct?

They are replaceable, but the old ones can be a real bear to remove (at least up here in the land of rust). The steel shell on the motor rusts and swells up inside the plastic hole, which might as well weld them in place...lol. Those 1986 washer/coolant reservoirs are nice though if you have an older truck.

Now...I'm no expert on the 300/6 trucks, but I thought I read that the AC brackets are difficult to find for these engines? Might be worth removing.

Another desirable item would be the pedal assembly with the hydraulic clutch. People looking for those fairly often too.

The plastic glovebox liners are nice for replacing the old cardboard ones.

Man if I was down south I'd be grabbing so many parts off these trucks I'd have to rent a warehouse just to store it all...lol.

What condition is the battery tray and the bracket below it where the charcoal cannister mounts? Those things rust away and fall apart up here.

I tried to grab that bracket that the carbon filter mounts to yesterday. No go. I got the filter of and the first two bolts with some pretty hard effort. the last one just spun out... the battery tray was toast and was giving out where the bolt mounted.

Ok yea there is a "L" shaped piece of plastic attached under the bumper but it's wrecked. Has one screw left holding it in.

Does the ranger have an overhead console?

Scott are you looking for one of these?

I don’t have any firm plans for this one, but the chrome on the map light is in really, really rough shape 😩.

Not really actively but yes. I found one a few years ago and plan to install it in the future 81 reg cab project. It looks like the same color as yours and the chrome is also less than perfect. Mine is missing the clip that holds the light in place so been looking for one or at least a photo of it to try and make one.