Bullnose Forums

Broken A-Pillar Trim?

Gary Lewis

Does anyone have a broken A-pillar trim piece? I'm looking for a good way to put a grab handle on the A-pillar, as discussed in Big Blue's Transformation, and I'd like to cut a piece of trim in two just above the middle screw hole in order to see how much metal I can get in there.

So I'd like a piece of trim to play with. Happy to pay shipping. But it would keep the shipping down if we were only shipping a portion of the trim piece. However, I'd like to have that middle hole part so I can be sure I know where it goes on the truck.

Does anyone have a broken A-pillar trim piece? I'm looking for a good way to put a grab handle on the A-pillar, as discussed in Big Blue's Transformation, and I'd like to cut a piece of trim in two just above the middle screw hole in order to see how much metal I can get in there.

So I'd like a piece of trim to play with. Happy to pay shipping. But it would keep the shipping down if we were only shipping a portion of the trim piece. However, I'd like to have that middle hole part so I can be sure I know where it goes on the truck.

I have a matching pair of black ones I was supposed to sell a while back and never did. Nothing wrong with them I don't believe other than one might be slightly warped, I'd have to dig them out.

I have a matching pair of black ones I was supposed to sell a while back and never did. Nothing wrong with them I don't believe other than one might be slightly warped, I'd have to dig them out.

No! Sell them! I have an extra blue one I can cut up, but I just hate to do that since there are just so many of them in existence.

Was hoping someone has a broken one.

I may have the original red ones from Darth or maybe some later ones which match the A pillar, just the tops are different you are welcome to them for cutting and fitting purposes. And while we are on interior trim, I misplaced the right rear piece over the door from the 1996 opal gray interior I put in Darth. If someone comes across a crew cab in a junk yard with opal gray interior I could use that, actually any 1992-96/7 and maybe earlier will work as I have the SEM opal gray paint.

I may have the original red ones from Darth or maybe some later ones which match the A pillar, just the tops are different you are welcome to them for cutting and fitting purposes. And while we are on interior trim, I misplaced the right rear piece over the door from the 1996 opal gray interior I put in Darth. If someone comes across a crew cab in a junk yard with opal gray interior I could use that, actually any 1992-96/7 and maybe earlier will work as I have the SEM opal gray paint.

Bill - Thanks, but I'm reluctant to cut up good trim pieces. And if it comes to that I have an extra blue one, although I appear to be short the two I need for Dad's truck, so was planning to paint the blue one red when the time comes.

Anyway, let's wait to see what others come up with. Maybe someone has a broken one that would work.

Thanks again!

Bill - Thanks, but I'm reluctant to cut up good trim pieces. And if it comes to that I have an extra blue one, although I appear to be short the two I need for Dad's truck, so was planning to paint the blue one red when the time comes.

Anyway, let's wait to see what others come up with. Maybe someone has a broken one that would work.

Thanks again!

Hey Gary - if no one beats me to it, I know I've got some that no one would shed a tear over cutting. They are at my parents so will grab the the next time there if still needed.