Bullnose Forums

Classic Consoles

Gary Lewis

The regular one is comfy for me. I centered it on the bench so its still a few inches away from me. If it was closer like my Ram is with buckets and a console, the tall would probably be better. You could measure it out or mock it up with a box to be sure. Not sure about the shifter... clears my column shift with feet to spare lol!

Thanks, good idea about the mock up. And I'm sure Gary will share pictures of his mock up as well... Thanks Gary!:nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, good idea about the mock up. And I'm sure Gary will share pictures of his mock up as well... Thanks Gary!:nabble_smiley_wink:

Ok, I'll put this here, but I can easily create a new thread and move all of the console discussion there if that's desired. Yes? Might be easier to find?

Based on the measurements of the consoles here's a mockup of the standard "cruiser". Note that it is spaced 4" from the back of the seat to simulate the 18" overall length. And I think it is too close to the ZF5 shifter on Big Blue.

Cruiser_Console.thumb.jpg.476dfd2aaed2e918794a1e83851eb2cf.jpg

Here it is slid back against the seatback, which means it is the same length as the Shorty:

Shorty_Console.thumb.jpg.0088b44c9b2aa7a9d07640ad2a93ba6a.jpg

And here 'tis with a spacer in it so it is approximating the Tall Shorty:

Shorty_Console.thumb.jpg.0088b44c9b2aa7a9d07640ad2a93ba6a.jpg

Tall_Shorty_Console.thumb.jpg.c175fa09e62b4307fc898523fede4970.jpg

Ok, I'll put this here, but I can easily create a new thread and move all of the console discussion there if that's desired. Yes? Might be easier to find?

Based on the measurements of the consoles here's a mockup of the standard "cruiser". Note that it is spaced 4" from the back of the seat to simulate the 18" overall length. And I think it is too close to the ZF5 shifter on Big Blue.

Here it is slid back against the seatback, which means it is the same length as the Shorty:

And here 'tis with a spacer in it so it is approximating the Tall Shorty:

Yes, maybe a 'classicconsoles' thread is a good idea. Maybe you can even get us a Bullnose bible/Garysgaragemahal discount?:nabble_smiley_wink:

I assume the height of your boxes is of the armrest, so it wouldn't be as bad at the cupholder, but I agree, the full length is probably not ideal with a manual...

Yes, maybe a 'classicconsoles' thread is a good idea. Maybe you can even get us a Bullnose bible/Garysgaragemahal discount?:nabble_smiley_wink:

I assume the height of your boxes is of the armrest, so it wouldn't be as bad at the cupholder, but I agree, the full length is probably not ideal with a manual...

Moved. (W/o asking. :nabble_smiley_blush:)

Yes, height at armrest.

Discount? I'll ask...............

Moved. (W/o asking. :nabble_smiley_blush:)

Yes, height at armrest.

Discount? I'll ask...............

Called twice and didn't get anyone so sent this email. We shall see:

This is Gary Lewis, and I spoke to Melissa a bit ago regarding the Cruiser, Shorty, etc consoles.  In fact, she is sending me samples of blue colors so I can pick one for my truck.

As I explained to her, I'm part of a forum of ~850 people who enjoy the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks.  The folks there are quite interested in your consoles and we have a discussion going regarding them here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Classic-Consoles-td75667.html#a75671.

But one of the questions is whether you have a discount for a group buy?  If so, how many do we need?  And how much is the discount?  What are the requirements?

Thanks,

Gary

Called twice and didn't get anyone so sent this email. We shall see:

This is Gary Lewis, and I spoke to Melissa a bit ago regarding the Cruiser, Shorty, etc consoles.  In fact, she is sending me samples of blue colors so I can pick one for my truck.

As I explained to her, I'm part of a forum of ~850 people who enjoy the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks.  The folks there are quite interested in your consoles and we have a discussion going regarding them here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Classic-Consoles-td75667.html#a75671.

But one of the questions is whether you have a discount for a group buy?  If so, how many do we need?  And how much is the discount?  What are the requirements?

Thanks,

Gary

Man, I think I'd be in for that. Might even consider keeping the bench. Please keep us posted, Gary?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, Randy from Classic Consoles responded to me today that they'll give us a discount of 10% on orders of 5 or more. So, maybe we want to get our plans lined up for Christmas? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

That's great Gary!:nabble_smiley_good: I was really only joking about a discount, but it's amazing what you can get from asking! I think they are reasonably priced. Maybe you can get a kickback for the forum expense account instead? I'd happily donate my $14 to that cause! I would like to use mine before Christmas though... I'm awaiting my samples, do you have yours yet?