Bullnose Forums

Vehicle Security System

Vic Roma

So that window sticker simply means the vehicle is protected by all these key locks? That’s it? What a waste of a sticker. You could see for yourself what the vehicle has simply by looking through the untinted glass .

No, vehicles with those two groups did not get a sticker. Only vehicles with an actual security system would see any kind of sticker. So either your truck did come with a security system, or somebody put the sticker there for whatever reason.

That’s reassuring, which brings me back to my original question, how would I go about finding it?

Are these security boxes located under the dash? I don’t see an alarm (the siren/speaker) beneath the truck anywhere, or other signs of a security system.

That’s reassuring, which brings me back to my original question, how would I go about finding it?

Are these security boxes located under the dash? I don’t see an alarm (the siren/speaker) beneath the truck anywhere, or other signs of a security system.

The control box could be mounted in a few different places, like under the seat or it could be behind the dash. One would think it should be close to the ignition wiring, so more than likely it would be on the driver's side somewhere.

The security lock group usually means locking hood release, locking gloxe box, locking spare tire, locking gas cap, etc. It's not an alarm system.

Protection group usually consists of things like door edge trim, bumperettes, inpact strips on the trim moldings, etc.

I found an old '82 Bronco brochure which describes the contents of the packages. Shaun already mentioned some, and here's the full list.

Protection

- Skid plates.

- Dual electric horns.

- Fog lamps (include plastic covers and bright front bumper guards).

- Exterior Protection Group includes bright door edge guards, front bumper guards and rub strip.

- Color-keyed floor mat (XLS only).

- Security Lock Group includes locking gas cap, and locks on inside hood release, glove box and inside spare tire.

Bumpers:

- Chrome front, or front and rear.

- Chrome rear step bumper.

- Argent rear step bumper.

- Black rear step bumper (XLS only).

The control box could be mounted in a few different places, like under the seat or it could be behind the dash. One would think it should be close to the ignition wiring, so more than likely it would be on the driver's side somewhere.

Nada. Not under the dash on the driver’s side, or the bench and rear seat (had to check). I suppose it could be on the pax side, wedged between the ductwork. Won’t know for sure until I pull it all off but that won’t be for a while.