Bullnose Forums

Vehicle Security System

Vic Roma

I received a Marti report and it shows I had (have?) a Vehicle Security system installed. There’s a window sticker that says the same, only I never received a fob or any information about an alarm etc.

I haven’t pulled the dash on this one (yet) and I couldn’t see anything extraordinary from looking underneath.

Does anyone have experience in detecting the detection system?

I've never seen one, but the 1986 accessories catalog shows this system:

The report shows:

- Protection Group

- Security Lock Group

And this is the sticker on the LH hardtop window:

7AF2E81D-0346-467F-BDFF-96776FE96E55.jpeg.1c252d83e826a60a6e31c221ca4669fa.jpeg

The report also lists some options I don’t have and I have not heard of but I’ll create another post for this.

The report shows:

- Protection Group

- Security Lock Group

And this is the sticker on the LH hardtop window:

The report also lists some options I don’t have and I have not heard of but I’ll create another post for this.

For the sake of clarity, the hardtop color matches the Marti report and seems to have original Carlite glass, as does the rest of the truck except one of the quarter glasses. The point being, it seems original.

Is the “Security Lock Group” merely power door locks?

For the sake of clarity, the hardtop color matches the Marti report and seems to have original Carlite glass, as does the rest of the truck except one of the quarter glasses. The point being, it seems original.

Is the “Security Lock Group” merely power door locks?

The security lock group usually means locking hood release, locking gloxe box, locking spare tire, locking gas cap, etc. It's not an alarm system.

Protection group usually consists of things like door edge trim, bumperettes, inpact strips on the trim moldings, etc.

The security lock group usually means locking hood release, locking gloxe box, locking spare tire, locking gas cap, etc. It's not an alarm system.

Protection group usually consists of things like door edge trim, bumperettes, inpact strips on the trim moldings, etc.

Thanks for clarifying. The truck has locking everything except the centre console which seemingly was replaced by a bench seat but in fabric matching the rear seat. Either Marti messed up, or the POs messed around.

So that window sticker simply means the vehicle is protected by all these key locks? That’s it? What a waste of a sticker. You could see for yourself what the vehicle has simply by looking through the untinted glass .

Thanks for clarifying. The truck has locking everything except the centre console which seemingly was replaced by a bench seat but in fabric matching the rear seat. Either Marti messed up, or the POs messed around.

So that window sticker simply means the vehicle is protected by all these key locks? That’s it? What a waste of a sticker. You could see for yourself what the vehicle has simply by looking through the untinted glass .

I was expecting something like this factory system, which was available for our vehicles.

4273D278-1C5B-4B57-B536-CB491A9FB2F8.jpeg.916d7532181843def5ab3e0e70a62653.jpeg

My 84 came equipped with the security equipment group. Locking gas cap and this cool Ford padlock for the spare:

A5AE4CE7-A707-4E8F-ABE8-B42ACB4C6F90.jpeg.57a64ea6bb5c15e4299b118084603682.jpeg

No, vehicles with those two groups did not get a sticker. Only vehicles with an actual security system would see any kind of sticker. So either your truck did come with a security system, or somebody put the sticker there for whatever reason.