Bullnose Forums

Rewiring map/dome light and seatbelt warning

Littlebeefy

Hi all,

I’m trying to trim out some wiring from my harness and keep the map/dome light working. At the same time I’d like to also trick my seatbelt warning light into thinking the seatbelt is always on.

Coming to the drivers side B pillar at the floorboard I have a connector below:

C6D1576E-BB09-4C51-A42D-B2B3806D7062.jpeg.c127851f98a5d8f4fe731e488008e756.jpeg

It has a black wire with a blue stripe, a black wire with a pink stripe, and a green wire with a yellow stripe.

Next to the connector is a black wire with an eyelet that looks suspiciously like a ground. Also extending from that same portion of the harness is a two wire connector with both wires pink:

3833EC2E-34EE-4198-BE9E-29F340232E01.jpeg.85a9691868c25fb953318e60770392c0.jpeg

Leading to the portion of the harness that heads up the B pillar to the dome light, I have a green wire, a black wire and a black and pink striped “jumper” wire:

EEC9441E-115C-4CC1-A495-AD1A5B753ABE.jpeg.20f934cda66c96820e2d75786a5d1b3d.jpeg

My goal is to connect everything at the bottom of the B Pillar and trim out the rest of the harness going to the cargo light.

What do I need to splice to the black and green/yellow wires that run to the dome light? Is there also a way to connect this harness to trick the seatbelt warning light into turning off (is that what the pink wires are)?

Thanks

LB

For the seatbelt buzzer what about just disconnecting the connector at the bottom of the drivers seat belt?

I haven't ever looked at the wiring for a Bronco until now so still trying to make sense of the 'only' situations but it appears at the bottom of the B pillar there is an add-in circuit (C202 and C202A) that you can eliminate and that would remove the cargo lamp.

Additionally, I wouldn't cut any wires myself. Either remove a connector if a dedicated harness or remove the wire and pin from the connector. This allows you to cleanly add it back if ever desired.

For the seatbelt buzzer what about just disconnecting the connector at the bottom of the drivers seat belt?

I haven't ever looked at the wiring for a Bronco until now so still trying to make sense of the 'only' situations but it appears at the bottom of the B pillar there is an add-in circuit (C202 and C202A) that you can eliminate and that would remove the cargo lamp.

Additionally, I wouldn't cut any wires myself. Either remove a connector if a dedicated harness or remove the wire and pin from the connector. This allows you to cleanly add it back if ever desired.

@Gary - I'm getting rid of the cargo light.

@Scott - The old seatbelt retractor is gone. I replaced it with a new aftermarket unit. I don't even see what it plugged into in the first place when it was there.

@Gary - I'm getting rid of the cargo light.

@Scott - The old seatbelt retractor is gone. I replaced it with a new aftermarket unit. I don't even see what it plugged into in the first place when it was there.

The seatbelt connector is actually on the latch side at the very bottom where it bolts to the floor of the cab. Is there a connector there still connected? It's a thin, 2 prong connector.

The seatbelt connector is actually on the latch side at the very bottom where it bolts to the floor of the cab. Is there a connector there still connected? It's a thin, 2 prong connector.

Scott,

My assumption when stretching out the portion of the harness that leaves the B pillar is that the two pink wires with the small two prong connector in the original post was the seatbelt connector. It's about the right lengthy and it's the only thing there other than the lighting wiring.

If that is the connector, and that warning light turns off when the seatbelt switch circuit is closed, can I just jump those two wires together?

Scott,

My assumption when stretching out the portion of the harness that leaves the B pillar is that the two pink wires with the small two prong connector in the original post was the seatbelt connector. It's about the right lengthy and it's the only thing there other than the lighting wiring.

If that is the connector, and that warning light turns off when the seatbelt switch circuit is closed, can I just jump those two wires together?

I am not positive on what that 2 prong connector with the pink/Gr(?) is. The only place I recall pink/gr is on the power lock circuit. That connector isn't the same as a pickup seatbelt one and kind of looks like what I recall the speaker connectors as looking like but definitely not those. I'd need to trace that one back to know what it is for. I could see it plugging into the back of a light fixture but am not seeing that color match any lights in the evtm.

Could it be part of the tailgate power window?

The seatbelt circuit is 'Open With Belt Buckled' so you would need to prevent the connection from being made. Do you see a Brown/Light Blue wire anywhere? It will be coming from the drivers kick panel like the rest of what you are looking at.

I am not positive on what that 2 prong connector with the pink/Gr(?) is. The only place I recall pink/gr is on the power lock circuit. That connector isn't the same as a pickup seatbelt one and kind of looks like what I recall the speaker connectors as looking like but definitely not those. I'd need to trace that one back to know what it is for. I could see it plugging into the back of a light fixture but am not seeing that color match any lights in the evtm.

Could it be part of the tailgate power window?

The seatbelt circuit is 'Open With Belt Buckled' so you would need to prevent the connection from being made. Do you see a Brown/Light Blue wire anywhere? It will be coming from the drivers kick panel like the rest of what you are looking at.

Here is what I am referring to on the cargo light elimination. It looks like the part I have red X'd out is a jumper circuit so you can disconnect both ends of it and then the other two ends with the green arrows can connect directly together. This is similar to how the speed control is added in.

cargo.png.a6fdfac2aca92f19358ecb3cc2b99b6d.png

Here is what I am referring to on the cargo light elimination. It looks like the part I have red X'd out is a jumper circuit so you can disconnect both ends of it and then the other two ends with the green arrows can connect directly together. This is similar to how the speed control is added in.

@Scott,

You’re right about a couple of things. First off, that section of the harness that you pruned out can be removed at the connections. Now I just have to fix that green and yellow wire #annoying. Also, those two pink wires go to one of the rear speakers. I found the other one with pink and green wires for the passenger side speaker too. So your instincts were right on the look of that connector.

I looked for and found the brown/blue and black wire connector that theoretically plugged into the seatbelt receiver. It’s not connected to anything and I’m still getting the seatbelt warning. What does that mean?

46C8623F-4A8C-4F19-B7B5-24CDECB134A4.jpeg.49bed92df9551beab9865982aa1f1238.jpeg

1F9A9E17-43E6-420C-AA09-997D7F3AE69C.jpeg.eb380dd5b2a3d1abe88f6c895258e499.jpeg

@Scott,

You’re right about a couple of things. First off, that section of the harness that you pruned out can be removed at the connections. Now I just have to fix that green and yellow wire #annoying. Also, those two pink wires go to one of the rear speakers. I found the other one with pink and green wires for the passenger side speaker too. So your instincts were right on the look of that connector.

I looked for and found the brown/blue and black wire connector that theoretically plugged into the seatbelt receiver. It’s not connected to anything and I’m still getting the seatbelt warning. What does that mean?

Good deal. Guess one shouldn't say 'definitely not' :nabble_smiley_happy: Wasn't thinking about the Bronco having rear speakers...

You're sure it's the seatbelt buzzer? Does it buzz briefly and then go silent?

I may have missed it but what is wrong with the green/yellow wire?