Bullnose Forums

83 F100 Upgrade

Bisquik1959

My GPS shows the speedo to be about 2mph slow between 75 and 80 which is where I normally cruise on the freeway. The 235 is only an inch taller and according to the speedo calculator I used, that would put the speedo closer to matching the GPS.

These look a little small, but also looked small on the steelies. It won't take long with my daily driving to wear them out and then upgrade. I can't afford to just toss these tires with 10k miles on them for appearance alone.

Sounds like those tires would work out well. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you'll find the window felts make as much difference, and maybe more, than the door seals.

All done... not as quiet as a newer vehicle but much better. Hmmmm can't be the truck is the shape of a brick causing some of the wind noise?!

Now to get the front windows tinted this week. Summer is coming quick and window tint is a must out in the desert.

All done... not as quiet as a newer vehicle but much better. Hmmmm can't be the truck is the shape of a brick causing some of the wind noise?!

Now to get the front windows tinted this week. Summer is coming quick and window tint is a must out in the desert.

I'll bet that made a difference!

I was wishing for a rear window tint the other morning. We took Big Blue some place and Janey went in while I sat in the truck - pointed west. Man, that sun came in STRONG, even though it was cold outside.

I'll bet that made a difference!

I was wishing for a rear window tint the other morning. We took Big Blue some place and Janey went in while I sat in the truck - pointed west. Man, that sun came in STRONG, even though it was cold outside.

I drive to work in the dark and then the summer heat later in the day. The rear window was one of the first things I tinted because of the lights and heat. I was going to do the sides but only had limo tint. I will have a guy come out this week and put a light coat on the sides. So installers even put a clear on the windshield that cuts the heat and UV rays.

I drive to work in the dark and then the summer heat later in the day. The rear window was one of the first things I tinted because of the lights and heat. I was going to do the sides but only had limo tint. I will have a guy come out this week and put a light coat on the sides. So installers even put a clear on the windshield that cuts the heat and UV rays.

After looking thru a few articles, I saw one on here about a small front air dam. I ended up checking the measurements and made one of my own out of aluminum angle iron. I don't know if it will help any, but driving 120 miles a day, it couldn't hurt to try. 20210302_174406.jpg.4f1afbc9bef8f31c0f8ff93ed53d87fe.jpg

After looking thru a few articles, I saw one on here about a small front air dam. I ended up checking the measurements and made one of my own out of aluminum angle iron. I don't know if it will help any, but driving 120 miles a day, it couldn't hurt to try.

Cool! Let us know if it helps MPG. I assume you’re looking to help that.

After looking thru a few articles, I saw one on here about a small front air dam. I ended up checking the measurements and made one of my own out of aluminum angle iron. I don't know if it will help any, but driving 120 miles a day, it couldn't hurt to try.

That's about as big as they were. As for whether or not they work, the factory put them on specific trucks for a reason, but I suspect it was a whole bunch of little things that made the difference.

Anyway, like Dane said, let us know how it goes.

That's about as big as they were. As for whether or not they work, the factory put them on specific trucks for a reason, but I suspect it was a whole bunch of little things that made the difference.

Anyway, like Dane said, let us know how it goes.

I tested with and without the factory "air dam" on my daily urban loop with maximum speeds of 45 mph. This data spanned about 12 years. There was ~1/2 MPG difference [+~3%].