Bullnose Forums

83 F100 Upgrade

Bisquik1959

A while back my father in law gave me his 83 F100 which has been in the family since new. I have been using it as a daily driver for a while now and done quite a few upgrades. I put 30k miles a year and wanted to keep the miles off my 16 Ram dually. After all the commuting, my 302 is blowing oil out of the dipstick etc. I have a 96 Explorer that I am gonna use as a donor and harvest the 302/4R70W.

Here is when I got her

Resized_20200806_160920.thumb.jpeg.25b39ac5bdb848bcfce5e26752852af8.jpeg

Now after ditching the stock LTD hubcaps for my 54 Ford dog dishes, cleaning her up and getting the cab squared away.Resized_20200825_185529.thumb.jpeg.8a324cc115bc336e289f9d9a4d1648b0.jpegResized_20200914_174729.thumb.jpeg.cb93b04db1fb1b8a684adb3d4fe9175a.jpeg

Once I get the engine swapped and squared away, i plan on repainting and upgrading to some alloy wheels.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be harsh, but I just sent you an email that said, among other things:

Welcome to the Bullnose Forum! Please read the guidelines, below my signature, and then click on this link to say that you agree to adhere to them: I agree to adhere to the guidelines. You will then be taken to the New Members Start Here folder where we ask you to start a new thread/topic in that folder about yourself and your truck.

But you've not done that. Can you help me understand why? Did you not get the email?

I'm concerned because we hold people to the guidelines, so I want to make sure you've had a chance to read them.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be harsh, but I just sent you an email that said, among other things:
Welcome to the Bullnose Forum! Please read the guidelines, below my signature, and then click on this link to say that you agree to adhere to them: I agree to adhere to the guidelines. You will then be taken to the New Members Start Here folder where we ask you to start a new thread/topic in that folder about yourself and your truck.
But you've not done that. Can you help me understand why? Did you not get the email?I'm concerned because we hold people to the guidelines, so I want to make sure you've had a chance to read them.
Sorry... didn't see the email. I went and hopefully checked all the correct boxes now.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 7:35 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Yep, you have. That's why I asked if the email had gotten to you. There was a change that seems to have broken our joining process, and I wasn't sure it was working.

Nice truck! You've taken it a long way already, but the Explorer engine and tranny should be a big help.

As for your other truck, how do you feel about driving around with the equivalent of a "kick me" sign on the rear end of it? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Scott - I missed the bright yellow Dodge! Well spotted. :nabble_smiley_good:

Cory - I just asked Janey what she thought of that arm rest/console. I, too, like it.

Lol... I dont mind the kick me sign! Every truck has its job.

The 55 is for cruising and hot rodding. It was my dads and I have been working on restoring it. It was a logging truck mess when I got it. I built and installed a 57 325 Dodge hemi in it and am currently working on a R10 overdrive unit and a Hilborn Injector.

102-viva-las-vegas-pickup-truck.jpg.618e6d32adb20e70c90628f40945cebf.jpg

IMG_2469.jfif

The 16 Ram has its job and its our tow rig and old daily driver.

73085768_2918480404847366_8150399445792456704_n.jpg.0cf9cf961089ffde2c41f6359d798154.jpg

And I cant forget the Bronco II rock crawler. Its been around the country offroading. It needs a little TLC to be back to road worthy. She has a 4.0/A4LD, full width D44/Dyntrac ProRock 60 combo and twin transfer cases.

131_1012_43_o131_1012_ultimate_adventure_2010ford_bronco_passenger_side_shot.jpg.fb14b64dbd64fb51b27d7000050e7bbd.jpg

10251955_611755035599097_3059460613522936194_n_zpsf9ff2e45.jpg.7a7ac6f6a2d14c7f7671f9c5c4cc1d79.jpg

The 55 is for cruising and hot rodding. It was my dads and I have been working on restoring it. It was a logging truck mess when I got it. I built and installed a 57 325 Dodge hemi in it and am currently working on a R10 overdrive unit and a Hilborn Injector.

And I cant forget the Bronco II rock crawler. Its been around the country offroading. It needs a little TLC to be back to road worthy. She has a 4.0/A4LD, full width D44/Dyntrac ProRock 60 combo and twin transfer cases.

As for my old F100, I have been busy working on it to make it more comfortable. I repainted all the gauges and added a factory tach. Replaced all the dash lights with LED's and had to replace the steering wheel due to a broken horn button after a close call. Swapped in a 84 radio bezel and added a new Sony bluetooth unit with 6x9's behind the seat and 6.5's in the doors. Also added new KYB shocks all around and was working on adding front and rear sway bars when the engine started to puke oil. Hopefully with the great info I am learning here, I can get the Explorer misfire fixed and start swapping. Just need to find a 2WD 4R70W or I will have to convert the other one from 4WD and that doesnt look like alot of fun.

Cool! We aren't so hidebound that we don't talk about other vehicles. So, while Bullnose trucks have brought us together, we readily admit to having things like my '69 Bee and Bill's '85 LeBaron T2. In fact, many of us have threads on them, like Bill's LeBaron. And Bob's early Bronco.

I like the early Hemis. Is that a Caddy air cleaner? And is the Hilborn injection system the new EFI unit that looks like the older system?

As for the B-II, that thing appears to be quite capable! Wow!

So feel free to have threads on the other vehicles if you want.