Bullnose Forums

Fluid Film Black - Has anybody tried this yet?

Rembrant

Probably not very interesting for you southern guys, but I think this is a great idea! I use Fluid Film product all the time and keep cans of it at home and at work. I was not aware of this black colored version until I saw it applied on a Jeep CJ on an IG page that I follow.

https://www.fluid-film.com/products/fluid-film-black-aerosol-non-aerosol/

I just fell on to that product, not the black, in a spray can a couple months ago. I use it now to prevent rust on the ways of my lathe and mill.....great stuff. Ill have to look into this that you posted on. Thank you!

I, too, use Fluid Film on my mill and lathe. But hadn't heard of the black version. Might have to give that a try!

• 1 month later...

Really glad you posted about this as I have been thinking about this for the past few weeks. Last night placed an order for 2 gallons, the gun, and some misc parts.

In the end I went with the Woolwax Clear. I was about to click on the black but figured for things like the doors and tailgate if it drips, I'd rather have the clear coming out.

Now that I'll have the gun, once the clear runs out, I'll try the black for the frame and nonvisible areas.

Really glad you posted about this as I have been thinking about this for the past few weeks. Last night placed an order for 2 gallons, the gun, and some misc parts.

In the end I went with the Woolwax Clear. I was about to click on the black but figured for things like the doors and tailgate if it drips, I'd rather have the clear coming out.

Now that I'll have the gun, once the clear runs out, I'll try the black for the frame and nonvisible areas.

I get it. I ordered a gallon and it is currently sitting in my office. I plan to only use it on the frame, axles, etc. Maybe the underside of the cab. For anywhere in the body panels, I’ll continue to use the traditional clear products.

I get it. I ordered a gallon and it is currently sitting in my office. I plan to only use it on the frame, axles, etc. Maybe the underside of the cab. For anywhere in the body panels, I’ll continue to use the traditional clear products.

Need to pick some up to spray my truck down, not like it really needs it with all the oil everywhere, but doesn't hurt.