Bullnose Forums

Fuel Reservior, what can I do ?

Howling.Wolf

Will a Delphi sending unit and a spectra tank (19 gallons) be good ?

Or do you have any other suggestions ?

Question of the day.....

Found the problem, will you ? 🤓

How can one design a pump with a rubberpipe as a connection on top that gets lost ???.BEBDA02D-2DF6-43CA-A012-68574A8AE55D.jpeg.cea38f27c215412eef4cf0b449ded64d.jpeg

I now wonder what has happened to the tank in the rear.

Haveanivceday

Heinz.

I'm not Bill, but maybe I can help.

First, on the sending unit, tank, etc, I recently bought a new Spectra tank with the pump and sending unit included. It was for a '95 so is a different unit, but you might look for that combo for your truck as it was very cost effective and kept the shipping cost down.

But, to answer your question, a Delphi sending unit and Spectra tank will be fine.

As for what the tan/light green wire does, it is used to pull in the fuel pump cutoff relay. On Page 60 you'll see the blue triangle marked ZZ, and if you follow its wires back you'll find that it is powered by the EEC Power Relay in Run or Start.

That goes to Page 104 where the Fuel Pump Cutoff Relay is, and it supplies power to that. Then, on the other side of the relay is the tan/light green wire & another blue triangle marked YY, which goes off to Page 62. And on that page you'll see the ECA, which grounds the wire and, therefore, pulls the relay in. And that provides power to the pumps.

Thanx a lot Guys.

You are really so good in knowlage and documentation.

Just great

Question of the day.....

Found the problem, will you ? 🤓

How can one design a pump with a rubberpipe as a connection on top that gets lost ???.

I now wonder what has happened to the tank in the rear.

Haveanivceday

Heinz.

It either wasn't put on, wrong type of material or something on that order. I would test it while it is out and make sure it runs, Diesel fuel is close enough in viscosity and less likely to ignite from a spark. I believe the hose is 5/16" or very close to 8mm ID and that shouldn't be too hard to find along with some good clamps.

Glad you found it, hopefully before you ordered the new tank and pump.

The Problem is, that the pump has no connection to the outletpipe.

Ok, this is a Chrysler EFI pump, it sits at an angle like your rear tank may. I have three pictures of it.

First an overall view with the hose it uses for internal connection, pay no attention to the dome shaped piece it is a damper to help keep the pump quieter (tank is underneath the rear seat below the floor):DSCN4086.thumb.jpg.ebafe0172434fb24469bd0b8841f72fb.jpg

You can see the (very dirty) inlet strainer.

Second is a closeup of the hose, this is a high pressure pump, static is 55 psi, rising with boost to 70 psi:

DSCN4088.thumb.jpg.84d2bb93ab92b615bd7c3e48fb40a177.jpg

Third is a bottom view, the black pieces sit on the bottom of a reservoir "cup" that is filled by a jet on the return (not visible because it is on a different access piece and is actually a hold over from the carbureted cars:

DSCN4087.thumb.jpg.b0e2396d04267e85943401826180c6e8.jpg

I hope these help, I didn't realize :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: had made it to Germany :nabble_smiley_grin:.