Bullnose Forums

Mechanical Fuel Pump

hubcityford

I wouldn't use two gaskets. I think they were just being kind giving you two. But I would use sealer. I use a THIN skim of RTV on both sides.

Yup. I put a thin layer of RTV on mine as well, enough that when the pump was tightened in place it just barely squishes out around the edges.

I wouldn't use two gaskets. I think they were just being kind giving you two. But I would use sealer. I use a THIN skim of RTV on both sides.

Yup. I put a thin layer of RTV on mine as well, enough that when the pump was tightened in place it just barely squishes out around the edges.

I'm not a fan of silicone AND a gasket - it's one or the other. On gaskets, I use one of the tacky sealers (Hi Tack, Gaskacinch, etc) both to hold the gasket in place, and as extra insurance.

But to answer your question, one gasket...

I'm not a fan of silicone AND a gasket - it's one or the other. On gaskets, I use one of the tacky sealers (Hi Tack, Gaskacinch, etc) both to hold the gasket in place, and as extra insurance.

But to answer your question, one gasket...

High Tack. That's it. Just something to hold it in place while you finagle it up there.

IMG_20200924_191408.jpg.7ba2bf69962b0e2304fe9b60c8773021.jpg