Bullnose Forums

Thoughts About Next Year's Show

Gary Lewis

Yes, I thought Troy was going to win as well. That truck is to die for! And you are right that his wasn't at the top. So maybe it is a coinkydink.

You are absolutely right that there are some really nice trucks on here. :nabble_smiley_oh:

I think we could allow people to pick their categories. But, save for Ugliest Truck, why wouldn't they want to enter all of them? There's no disadvantage and your odds of winning are infinitely better if you do. I guess we could limit the people to X number of categories? But might that tend to keep people from entering at all? If so, would that take away from the fun of reading about everyone's truck(s)?

What's a 50/50 draw?

I kind of like the voters picking the winning trucks for each category. Of coarse it would be nice to have some additional categories that the contestants could choose to enter if they wished as well, and an earlier date for entering would give more time to review the entries, as well as more time for the voting. Great ideas. I still think our first ever virtual show was a huge success when taken in account how last minute it was and the fact that it was virtually planed, executed, and moderated by one person. I personally would like to see more online shows in the future as there are surely other members on here like me who are unable to attend the show in person, although I really could use a few days away, I'm just not able to do so.

I'd like to attend next year and Labor Day weekend should be fine for me.

Regarding the virtual show, there were a lot of trucks entered and thus very time consuming to review each and every one, which is really what one needs to do to vote fairly. However, and for future virtual shows if needed and even live shows before the event, I wonder if it would be easier for voters if they could look at a single page with a single photo and name of all entries. From there, one could click on the image and read about the particular entry. For the live show, it would enable some preparation for voting.