Bullnose Forums

Results Of The 2020 Virtual Truck Show

Gary Lewis

I need to thank all those that voted for my trucks. THANK YOU! These are the first of the Garagemahal trophies that my trucks have ever won. :nabble_smiley_oh:

It was fun. But it was also missing the personal bit of seeing many of you face-to-face. So, for next year maybe we can do things differently?

I don't want to take away from the celebrations here, so will start another thread about that. However, I'll be getting the trophies and certificates in the mail ASAP. But I need addresses. I probably have Bill's but don't know that I have Matthew's and I'm pretty sure I don't have Cory's nor Jochen's. Help, folks! Please email me your addresses.

Thanks Gary for everything that you do for us, and congradulations to the winners.

Thanks for the votes everybody. I didn't win anything but it was nice to see the support in 2 categories. Congratulations to the winners.

You came sooooooo close! I thought you had two of the classes. Man, the competition was fierce, particularly in People's Favorite and Closest To Stock.

Welcome, Bill. How's Darth feeling about his award? :nabble_smiley_wink:

I will add it to the other 2 he has won at a local show. He doesn't seem to mind one way or the other.

Question for you, since I no longer have my Taurus, I have two spare Vacuum cruise control modules, I believe the trucks use the same one, anyone need one?

I will add it to the other 2 he has won at a local show. He doesn't seem to mind one way or the other.

Question for you, since I no longer have my Taurus, I have two spare Vacuum cruise control modules, I believe the trucks use the same one, anyone need one?

The speed control module of which you speak is the electrical one under the dash or the servo under the hood? Or are you talking about the later electric version? :nabble_anim_confused:

You came sooooooo close! I thought you had two of the classes. Man, the competition was fierce, particularly in People's Favorite and Closest To Stock.

I won't say which order, but I gave him one because it was a tie for the other and chose to spread the wealth... Such a close call. Sorry, Troy.

---

Even though I only got a a few votes, to the few of you who did vote for me, thanks (even the one of you who called my Ranger ugly :nabble_smiley_tongue:). Undeserved, but I'll take props when I can.

Good show.

The speed control module of which you speak is the electrical one under the dash or the servo under the hood? Or are you talking about the later electric version? :nabble_anim_confused:

Sounds like he means the Vacuum servo (or the controller in the dash, sure)... The electric ones (what I'm thinking of, OEM'd by Texas Instruments) had no vacuum interface at all and weren't used until the mid-90's... and the early ones were recalled for catching fire! :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Sounds like he means the Vacuum servo (or the controller in the dash, sure)... The electric ones (what I'm thinking of, OEM'd by Texas Instruments) had no vacuum interface at all and weren't used until the mid-90's... and the early ones were recalled for catching fire! :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

It wasn't the speed control that caught fire, it was the bottom of the master cylinder mounted cancel switch. It was there for the same reason the vacuum ones have a dump valve on the brake pedal support, if the brake light switch is bad then no release signal is sent to the electronic module. Since the electric one uses no vacuum there had to be another fail safe, The hydraulic switch interrupts the power to the clutch that engages the cable wheel.