Bullnose Forums

IFS "quirk" why does it do this?

reamer

Perfectly aligned (to Factory Specs)

Drive forward and park, stand in front of the truck and the truck's front tires are Vertical.

Drive in reverse and park it, stand in front of the truck the front tires pitch in at the top. why does this happen?:nabble_anim_confused:

It is because of toe-in. When you back up the tires are trying to get farther and farther away from each other and they wind up on the inside edges. That causes the tops to pitch in.

So this is a normal by-product?

Just wondering since I've spent $ on IFS cam-lobed shims because the new springs could not let the IFS sway arms allign properly.

It goes down the road straight, no bump-steer or pulling.. Very nice ride, just looks "disappointing" when I look at it after backing it into it's spot in the garage....

So this is a normal by-product?....

Yep. To add to Gary's post, as the tires pull out due to the toe, the swing arms (traction beams) make the tires go up. That's why they tip up on the inside edge and tip the tops in.

I couldn't figure out what you were talking about, because I have never seen that on Darth, must be a TTB quirk.