Bullnose Forums

Transmission Crossmember Gussets 4x4

salans7

I'm looking for the transmission crossmember gussets for a 4x4 truck or Bronco. Preferably from a 1985 or 1986 truck or Bronco due to the unique crossmember style. If anybody has a parts truck laying around with the gussets shown below and you're willing to sell and ship them, please let me know. Thanks!

*EDIT* 1987-1996 gussets won't work. (See Below Thread)

Photo of what I need, credit to Gary:

T-19_Crossmember.jpg.2a3906d9a154eea992a2d72d06194866.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaun,

Have you tried Car-Part.com?

I just did and there seems to be lots of them showing up in Florida for $35 bucks. The pic below shows a bunch of 4x2 ones, but there's 4 pages of them and lots of 4x4 parts. What trans are you using?

Yes, everybody I have called says they won't sell that part as it is considered part of the frame.

I'm running a T19, and I know that the C6/T19/Crossmember is the same. Later in the 80's when they switched to the ZF and E4OD, the crossmembers changed again so I can only use a crossmember from 1985 to maybe 1988 or so. I could use an 80-84 crossmember as well, but the transmission mount is weird on those (bushings) hence why I prefer the newer style.

• 3 months later...

Yes, everybody I have called says they won't sell that part as it is considered part of the frame.

I'm running a T19, and I know that the C6/T19/Crossmember is the same. Later in the 80's when they switched to the ZF and E4OD, the crossmembers changed again so I can only use a crossmember from 1985 to maybe 1988 or so. I could use an 80-84 crossmember as well, but the transmission mount is weird on those (bushings) hence why I prefer the newer style.

Still looking. My parts truck came with a cut up transmission crossmember, so I have the gussets and part of the crossmember itself, but would prefer to have an intact crossmember rather than piece the one I have together.

Still looking. My parts truck came with a cut up transmission crossmember, so I have the gussets and part of the crossmember itself, but would prefer to have an intact crossmember rather than piece the one I have together.

Subscribed and will see what I can find that is still easy to crawl under.

Subscribed and will see what I can find that is still easy to crawl under.

Thanks Scott!

It seems that the 1988 one I have pieces of is identical to the one in the photo above, so early bricknose crossmembers should work as well as long as they look like the one in the photo. I have the gussets, so I really only need the crossmember.

Thanks Scott!

It seems that the 1988 one I have pieces of is identical to the one in the photo above, so early bricknose crossmembers should work as well as long as they look like the one in the photo. I have the gussets, so I really only need the crossmember.

You bet! Shoot me your cell in a pm/email if you want and if I find one I'll send you the details just for confirmation. Hoping to go to the jy in the morning if the weather is good.

You bet! Shoot me your cell in a pm/email if you want and if I find one I'll send you the details just for confirmation. Hoping to go to the jy in the morning if the weather is good.

Thanks Shaun for your cell.

Unfortunately I got to the jy on Saturday morning and was told by the front desk that they weren't letting anyone in the yard that day.

Will look for one the next time I go.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Shaun for your cell.

Unfortunately I got to the jy on Saturday morning and was told by the front desk that they weren't letting anyone in the yard that day.

Will look for one the next time I go.

No worries Scott, I'm in no rush. :nabble_smiley_good:

I have several where are you located. I almost always use the newer style that the drivers side bolts to the outside of the frame.