Bullnose Forums

SHOULD I TURN ON VIEWING OPTIONS ON VOTES?????

Gary Lewis

Gary, not that it’s here nor there now that the tallies are visible, but for future reference you had to scroll (on a phone) all the way back to the top of the page to see the yellow notice that your vote was submitted. The notice appeared over other text and links and then disappeared after a few seconds. If I hadn’t been told to look for it I never would have seen it. That may account for some of the confusing amongst us smart phone zombies.

That said, I am a little baffled and disappointed at the lack of voting. As already mentioned, I would have thought at least the entrants would have voted 🤷‍♂️.

Thanks, Jonathan. But the guy and called and I both scrolled back to the top on our iPhone X's and didn't see the yellow although we were looking for it.

Yes, to say the least I'm disappointed. It was a LOT of work for everyone to create their entry and for me to put it up. And this "turnout" isn't encouraging. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Steve, with a handful of entries the interest in the 'Truck picture of the month' is significantly less. And the votes for that are from regular members.There are 52 entries in the virtual show, so at the very least I would have expected all 30-odd entrants(there were quite a few doubles) to show an interest and submit a vote. At the moment that does not appear to be the case.

Still, 27 votes for a field of 52 trucks? I figured that the truck owners would at least vote. It is sad to see all of Garys hard work go for not. Oh well, I will shut up now.

Still, 27 votes for a field of 52 trucks? I figured that the truck owners would at least vote. It is sad to see all of Garys hard work go for not. Oh well, I will shut up now.

I submitted votes for all! It was fun reading through all of them and seeing the pics.

Some of them are really difficult to choose!!

I wouldn’t say it was for not, as quite a few of us have voiced how much we enjoyed the virtual show. However, when votes are fewer than the number of entrants it does make the awards and trophy recognition seem less well founded.

I wouldn’t say it was for not, as quite a few of us have voiced how much we enjoyed the virtual show. However, when votes are fewer than the number of entrants it does make the awards and trophy recognition seem less well founded.

Maybe in the future have it set up so that if you enter a vehicle then you must also vote in every class? Maybe that was in the instructions and I missed it anyway...

You know, if you don't vote, then you also cannot win.

Isn't there a saying like that about politics...if you don't vote then you don't get to complain about the outcome?...lol.

Maybe in the future have it set up so that if you enter a vehicle then you must also vote in every class? Maybe that was in the instructions and I missed it anyway...

Isn't there a saying like that about politics...if you don't vote then you don't get to complain about the outcome?...lol.

On the Nabble poll I can't tell who has voted. So I couldn't enforce that rule.

However, if we do a virtual show again I don't want to use the Nabble poll. There are several issues with it, including that once I post the poll I can't change any of the entrants. Can't add, delete, change spelling, etc. So everything was done from about 8:30 to 10:30 last Wednesday in a huge flurry of work, entering 52 names 6 different times and reading them to Janey to ensure they were right.

Instead, if we do this again I hope to use a poll app and embed the poll on the website. That way I wouldn't have the time crunch of having to do everything at the last minute, and there might be more tools with which to manage it.

As for the number of people who have voted, I wonder if it is like eBay and they'll come on at the last minute? :nabble_anim_confused:

Just finally had a chance to go through all of the entries and vote. Some great entries for sure, but I did notice there aren't many votes. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Steve, I might have misunderstood your first post. It appears we are in agreement after all, very disappointing.

Some of them are really difficult to choose!!

Amen! A lot of great looking trucks/stories.

I've been on this forum for a little over a year (this being my first post O.o). Love this virtual truck show. Really enjoyed writing up a quick blurb on my frankentruck and then reading and voting on all the entries.

10/10 definitely appreciate the work Gary put in to this!