Bullnose Forums

SHOULD I TURN ON VIEWING OPTIONS ON VOTES?????

Gary Lewis

Some folks are having problems telling if they've voted. I think I should turn on one or both of these viewing options immediately. Thoughts?

• Allow viewing results before vote

• Allow viewing results before end date (poll creators can always view the results)

That would let you know that you have voted.

The yellow "Vote submitted" block at the top of the page was pretty obvious... Maybe there are issues? Have the vote totals increased significantly from your last update? I mean my comment about 52 votes was a joke, so I'm a little confused about 18 odd votes per category... Surely members haven't gone through the trouble of submitting an entry and then not voting? Or are people thinking they shouldn't vote if they have and entry???:nabble_anim_confused:

The yellow "Vote submitted" block at the top of the page was pretty obvious... Maybe there are issues? Have the vote totals increased significantly from your last update? I mean my comment about 52 votes was a joke, so I'm a little confused about 18 odd votes per category... Surely members haven't gone through the trouble of submitting an entry and then not voting? Or are people thinking they shouldn't vote if they have and entry???:nabble_anim_confused:

I think it varies by device and browser. I got a call last evening from someone that couldn't see that he had voted, and no matter what we did it wouldn't show him the yellow "you voted" bar.

Ok, I'm going to turn those options on ..... :nabble_anim_working:

I have to admit that I was supprised that there were more then eight or nine votes in this as of yesterday. The truck of the month contest only gets that many plus or minus, out of 800 plus members.

I have to admit that I was supprised that there were more then eight or nine votes in this as of yesterday. The truck of the month contest only gets that many plus or minus, out of 800 plus members.

Steve, with a handful of entries the interest in the 'Truck picture of the month' is significantly less. And the votes for that are from regular members.There are 52 entries in the virtual show, so at the very least I would have expected all 30-odd entrants(there were quite a few doubles) to show an interest and submit a vote. At the moment that does not appear to be the case.

Steve, with a handful of entries the interest in the 'Truck picture of the month' is significantly less. And the votes for that are from regular members.There are 52 entries in the virtual show, so at the very least I would have expected all 30-odd entrants(there were quite a few doubles) to show an interest and submit a vote. At the moment that does not appear to be the case.

I checked and with an iPhone X and using Safari I didn't get the yellow banner saying my vote was counted. But I closed that page and opened it again and the radio button where I voted was still pushed, so it was counted and remembered.

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked and with an iPhone X and using Safari I didn't get the yellow banner saying my vote was counted. But I closed that page and opened it again and the radio button where I voted was still pushed, so it was counted and remembered.

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping to see more votes by now myself, but maybe people are busy, who knows. It is exciting to watch even though i dont think i have a prayer. i just wish more people would vote. seams out of all the members, i'm starting to remember everybody who talks on the forum which isnt that many it seams

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary, not that it’s here nor there now that the tallies are visible, but for future reference you had to scroll (on a phone) all the way back to the top of the page to see the yellow notice that your vote was submitted. The notice appeared over other text and links and then disappeared after a few seconds. If I hadn’t been told to look for it I never would have seen it. That may account for some of the confusing amongst us smart phone zombies.

That said, I am a little baffled and disappointed at the lack of voting. As already mentioned, I would have thought at least the entrants would have voted 🤷‍♂️.