Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco completed

Andre

Andre - I think your question of "What is wise" is perhaps posed to the wrong people. By definition all who enter here have a problem, and asking us for "wisdom" isn't wise. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Ok, let me get real, if not serious. The question back to you is what you want to do with the truck? Do you want it to be serviceable for many years? Are you wanting it to be less of a pig for fuel? (Notice that I didn't ask if you want it to be economical, as that's not going to happen. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

In my case I'm in the latter part of my wrenching days and I'm building vehicles that my offspring, who are not mechanics, can have maintained. So both of my trucks are intended to have Ford's EEC-V EFI system with OBD-II ports. And when you plug in a scanner you will be told it is a 1996 truck, and the EEC will tell you what's ailing it. But that is an expensive way to go.

Gary, your right, I probably going to remove the engine, transmission and 208 again and overhaul, and for a future project I should think about those things before, as it takes a lot more modification to the systems to take a newer drive train assembly. I knew what I started, and the old Fords love to drink, all known. Its just that I trusted the previous owner, who sad not to worry about the engine and drive train, as it was in good shape, well it might have been for him, not for me. Another one that I need to pay attention to is the steering column, needs new bearings, bushings and rubbers, all found out now when driving. Basically, the things I did not overhauled, are now still to be done, so lesson learned for future projects, do it all once its apart, as now there is always the risk of additional damage to paint etc. Also the little clock in the dash gave up now it has been powered up for a week straight, couldn't handle the power to it no more I think hihi

Gary, your right, I probably going to remove the engine, transmission and 208 again and overhaul, and for a future project I should think about those things before, as it takes a lot more modification to the systems to take a newer drive train assembly. I knew what I started, and the old Fords love to drink, all known. Its just that I trusted the previous owner, who sad not to worry about the engine and drive train, as it was in good shape, well it might have been for him, not for me. Another one that I need to pay attention to is the steering column, needs new bearings, bushings and rubbers, all found out now when driving. Basically, the things I did not overhauled, are now still to be done, so lesson learned for future projects, do it all once its apart, as now there is always the risk of additional damage to paint etc. Also the little clock in the dash gave up now it has been powered up for a week straight, couldn't handle the power to it no more I think hihi

I have found since driving my 81' everyday always more that you can do, but you don't find that out till you start driving it. At least your on the road an it looks cool. :nabble_smiley_cool: Going to look for similar tires for my truck old ones are getting ruff.