Bullnose Forums

Putting out an offer

Pebcak

To everyone that will be at the Truck Show,

If anyone wants to go to Row 52 and look at the pick n pulls in the Dallas, Ft. Worth and Grapevine areas. If there is anything that people are looking for I can look around on the next few visits before September.

I'll do my best to accommodate any requests. If it's an engine or a full bed I won't be able to manage that. Anything else I think I can handle.

Let me know here or on Row52.com to the username: DATurner2nd

I can work out the details of payment when the time comes.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love an OEM exhaust manifold for the 300 engine from a F600. This is referred to as the Heavy Duty exhaust manifold. The exhaust exits straight down [not rearward at an angle] and the opening is 2 1/2".

C8C44797-0035-4BE1-95B9-C9017ECD1D70.thumb.png.e7622b39fc7f0fb068a6221ee03448ef.png

For illustrative purposes...

Also note there are two versions. One with 3 bolts attaching it to the intake like the light duty manifold, and one with 4 bolts joining the manifold and exhaust. If it is the 4 bolt version then the matching intake is needed or else it cannot be used. I’ve been trying to find this part for David for a couple of years and no luck...

Also note there are two versions. One with 3 bolts attaching it to the intake like the light duty manifold, and one with 4 bolts joining the manifold and exhaust. If it is the 4 bolt version then the matching intake is needed or else it cannot be used. I’ve been trying to find this part for David for a couple of years and no luck...

Thanks, Jonathan!

You guys are starting to understand me! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I'm heading to the Pick N Pulls at 7 AM tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out for this. I'll see if I can match the pictures.. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I'm assuming but I want to clarify, am I looking for the 3 bolt version correct? :nabble_anim_confused:

You guys are starting to understand me! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I'm heading to the Pick N Pulls at 7 AM tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out for this. I'll see if I can match the pictures.. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I'm assuming but I want to clarify, am I looking for the 3 bolt version correct? :nabble_anim_confused:

First of all thanks for helping with the search. Reproductions are available but are known to have issues with cracking 😬 and they are not exactly inexpensive.

First issue is to recognize a HD from an ordinary 300 manifold. The regular one exits at about a 45* rear angle, has a heat flapper, and the head pipe mounts on 2 studs. It looks like this:

F1933386-3E94-40FE-B346-4692B9DF287D.jpeg.ca7ad642af0d6710c4c786bca360b73b.jpeg

The HD manifold exits almost straight down. It has no heat flapper, and the head pipe mounts with a 3 bolt flange (not to be confused with the number of bolts that join the intake and exhaust manifolds). This is what David wants and it looks like this:

0685FB60-6753-414A-840B-0EC2BC794A10.jpeg.12f747966361e4ade5bd7956e2748d92.jpeg

The 3 vs. 4 bolt problem is with the intake to exhaust mating. If you find one with 3 bolts, David can use his existing intake manifold. If it is the odd 4 bolt variety, then he will need BOTH manifolds. Here is a picture of the joint I am talking about. This is a 3 bolt HD:

C51A8089-5B14-480F-9BB3-2E0BECAEDA04.jpeg.1c82b5a4839c45e2a1959b08063fbe18.jpeg

DB1C89E0-9807-4717-ACF5-B7D25D926858.jpeg.7ca23780e110a65705d4c352b67fce90.jpeg

Clear as mud? Hopefully the pictures will help. The candidates will be late 60’s through 70’s F600/F700, but I always check all 300 straight six trucks just in case someone swapped one in.

03AA5BB7-A173-499C-9E84-A4B4FEF187F4.jpeg.c678f4b9e5bfb2c198686d790be0ce32.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

First of all thanks for helping with the search. Reproductions are available but are known to have issues with cracking 😬 and they are not exactly inexpensive.

First issue is to recognize a HD from an ordinary 300 manifold. The regular one exits at about a 45* rear angle, has a heat flapper, and the head pipe mounts on 2 studs. It looks like this:

The HD manifold exits almost straight down. It has no heat flapper, and the head pipe mounts with a 3 bolt flange (not to be confused with the number of bolts that join the intake and exhaust manifolds). This is what David wants and it looks like this:

The 3 vs. 4 bolt problem is with the intake to exhaust mating. If you find one with 3 bolts, David can use his existing intake manifold. If it is the odd 4 bolt variety, then he will need BOTH manifolds. Here is a picture of the joint I am talking about. This is a 3 bolt HD:

Clear as mud? Hopefully the pictures will help. The candidates will be late 60’s through 70’s F600/F700, but I always check all 300 straight six trucks just in case someone swapped one in.

Jonathan,

I just now found that you had answered this [so very well!!!] for me. Thank you! :nabble_anim_claps:

• 2 weeks later...

I would love an OEM exhaust manifold for the 300 engine from a F600. This is referred to as the Heavy Duty exhaust manifold. The exhaust exits straight down [not rearward at an angle] and the opening is 2 1/2".

I've been looking but nothing yet. So far most of them have been stripped down to almost nothing.