Bullnose Forums

Wipers don't park

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And there are 2 configurations of where the brass tabs are inserted in the male-end of the plug.

I took a photo of the two configurations but can't find it right now....

That new section in Resources for the Wiper Test is great!

There are a couple of other pages in section 35-60 that are useful - but of course it's not practical to include everything (otherwise you might as well copy the entire Service Manual).

You may want to include page 9 of the manual which has a lot of detail on "operation tests" - but you did such a good job on your write up and diagrams, maybe that isn't needed.

I'm uploading you a scan of the page for your review/consideration. Wiper_Motor_Testing_35-60-9.thumb.jpg.d776a82b591d0cc5d0a5a2c785a2176f.jpg

well, it doesn't scan/show so nice. It's had to get a good scan too - without messing up the binding of the manual.

There are a couple of other pages in section 35-60 that are useful - but of course it's not practical to include everything (otherwise you might as well copy the entire Service Manual).

You may want to include page 9 of the manual which has a lot of detail on "operation tests" - but you did such a good job on your write up and diagrams, maybe that isn't needed.

I'm uploading you a scan of the page for your review/consideration. Wiper_Motor_Testing_35-60-9.jpg

well, it doesn't scan/show so nice. It's had to get a good scan too - without messing up the binding of the manual.

Ron - What tabs are you talking about?

Mike - Thanks. I'll scan that page and put it in as a PDF, which works better than jpg's. I hope I can get a good one.

Found it.....

Ron - That is interesting. But, are those the plugs for the governor?

Here's what I find in the catalog. And that seems to say that there was only one intermittent switch for 80-86, but two different governors. So, how can that be? I wouldn't think the later governor would be compatible with the early switch if the pins were moved.

Did we have this conversation in another life? Do you have a link to it? I'd sure like to document it on that wiper page, once and for all.

Wiper_Switch_Header.jpg.9e1a4fe006ce66025510785c61d640a6.jpg

Wiper_Switches.jpg.40d76de86157b514633bbae177e245e3.jpg

Wiper_Governor.jpg.a1fcc73b2903ff60a2332dc16a7b4526.jpg

Ron - That is interesting. But, are those the plugs for the governor?

Here's what I find in the catalog. And that seems to say that there was only one intermittent switch for 80-86, but two different governors. So, how can that be? I wouldn't think the later governor would be compatible with the early switch if the pins were moved.

Did we have this conversation in another life? Do you have a link to it? I'd sure like to document it on that wiper page, once and for all.

A different conversation? I don't think so But Ill look, I believe I found this because the wipers were not acting correctly, plugged in the "other" configuration and all has been good for a year.....and these are both interval....

I'm uploading you a scan of the page for your review/consideration. Wiper_Motor_Testing_35-60-9.jpg

See what you think now. Couldn't put Page 9 and 11 on w/o 10. :nabble_smiley_scared:

But, when I scanned them my program saved the three pages as separate files, so I posted them as three separate pages. However, I can glue them together into one in my pdf program if you think that would be better.

Let me know, guys. :nabble_anim_working:

See what you think now. Couldn't put Page 9 and 11 on w/o 10. :nabble_smiley_scared:

But, when I scanned them my program saved the three pages as separate files, so I posted them as three separate pages. However, I can glue them together into one in my pdf program if you think that would be better.

Let me know, guys. :nabble_anim_working:

That troubleshooting page looks great.

I just completed the repair on my wipers. Turned out to be a bad connection (the blk/pk wire) at the motor connector.

All I needed to troubleshoot was the one paragraph on your "Troubleshooting Your Wipers>F-Series and Bronco Interval Wipers" page, and a little free time. I didn't need to read any of the Service Manual stuff I convinced you to add. But as a Resource for others, its a good thing.

That troubleshooting page looks great.

I just completed the repair on my wipers. Turned out to be a bad connection (the blk/pk wire) at the motor connector.

All I needed to troubleshoot was the one paragraph on your "Troubleshooting Your Wipers>F-Series and Bronco Interval Wipers" page, and a little free time. I didn't need to read any of the Service Manual stuff I convinced you to add. But as a Resource for others, its a good thing.

Glad you got it fixed. :nabble_smiley_good:

And, glad the page looks good. Any opinion on having three separate pages vs one that you scroll through?