Bullnose Forums

Wipers don't park

Yes. Would be very helpful. For me its the intermittent wiper system (governor function) that adds the confusion. But if you have the time to do both "power flow diagrams" I think it would be useful.

Or are you asking me to do the diagrams :nabble_anim_confused:

I'm on it like white in rice. Stink on skunk.

Y'all may ask why I'm pushing to get things documented, like the voltage-drop test, the TSB's, the Rosewood resto, and now the wiper question. There are two answers: In this case to help a friend with a problem. But in the larger scenario I feel like this site and forum are set to take off - if we have the documentation people need.

Sort of "If you build it they will come", so let's build it! 👌

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. Would be very helpful. For me its the intermittent wiper system (governor function) that adds the confusion. But if you have the time to do both "power flow diagrams" I think it would be useful.

Or are you asking me to do the diagrams :nabble_anim_confused:

No, I'm volunteering to do the diagrams. Back after while......

Since the Motor and Switch is new, it is unlikely either of these are the problem.

Oh my, what a knee slapper! Stop it, you're killing me. Have you ever thought of doing stand up? You seem to have the gift.

What I'm getting at is to be careful about assuming new parts are good. I just went through a bit of trouble with my car showing higher than normal coolant temps. Turns out I had both a bad thermostat causing the temperature to run slightly high AND a bad sensor causing the gauge to show higher than actual. Here's the bad part. A new thermostat and temp sender were both bad. Each helped a little, but not enough.

Talk about a head scratcher. Had to delve deep into troubleshooting to prove both new parts were bad. And these were OEM, too! The final fix was replacing both parts with a different brand.

I wouldn't put much faith in a reman wiper motor. Seems like they get fresh brushes and paint, and that's it. I've had my wipers refuse to park and the problem was a little switch in the gearbox portion. I've cleaned up the contacts and would be good for a couple of years.

Karl

Oh my, what a knee slapper! Stop it, you're killing me. Have you ever thought of doing stand up? You seem to have the gift.

What I'm getting at is to be careful about assuming new parts are good.

I wouldn't put much faith in a reman wiper motor. Seems like they get fresh brushes and paint, and that's it. I've had my wipers refuse to park and the problem was a little switch in the gearbox portion. I've cleaned up the contacts and would be good for a couple of years.

Karl

Yeah, we have all been burned by making the "new is good" assumption.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

So, I'm doing a little thinking and studying on this now - this weekend I'll take out the Fluke meter and see what's up. I'm hoping the contacts are just dirty.

What I'm getting at is to be careful about assuming new parts are good.

Karl

Yeah, we have all been burned by making the "new is good" assumption.:nabble_smiley_whistling:

So, I'm doing a little thinking and studying on this now - this weekend I'll take out the Fluke meter and see what's up. I'm hoping the contacts are just dirty.

I should get done this afternoon with the troubleshooting section here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/windshield-wipers.html. The how-to will have to wait.

(Fluke? I wish! :nabble_smiley_unhappy:)