Bullnose Forums

CEL Presence

mp470

Jonathan - That's a good summary. But it begs a question: Was there an indicator in the CA trucks with the inferred mileage system? I've perused the catalog again and there's no mention of a special instrument bezel for the CA trucks. None. So if the window was black, as Mark/Dyn Blin's is, then where was the inferred mileage warning indicator?

I've started a page on the Inferred Mileage System so we can capture what we learn. And from what I'm seeing shows there wasn't a warning light.

David - Mark said "I see what you've done". :nabble_smiley_evil:

Weather permitting, I'll be under the dash this weekend cleaning up some prior owner wiring "projects" and installing a intermittent wiper switch I picked up, along with being under the hood for the fast idle flummox. While I'm in there I'll be looking for the infernal inferred mileage sensor that shows up in my EVTM and report back.

EDIT: In looking at my EVTM, the IMS has a detail note that matches Gary's info limiting these to 5.0L CA engines only. It may still be there since my VIN indicates it come off the line with that engine.

From the EVTM, it appears powered by the EEC relay, but may be easier to track back from the battery's dedicated negative terminal wire.

Weather permitting, I'll be under the dash this weekend cleaning up some prior owner wiring "projects" and installing a intermittent wiper switch I picked up, along with being under the hood for the fast idle flummox. While I'm in there I'll be looking for the infernal inferred mileage sensor that shows up in my EVTM and report back.

EDIT: In looking at my EVTM, the IMS has a detail note that matches Gary's info limiting these to 5.0L CA engines only. It may still be there since my VIN indicates it come off the line with that engine.

From the EVTM, it appears powered by the EEC relay, but may be easier to track back from the battery's dedicated negative terminal wire.

Mark/Dyn Blin emailed me with some links to information about the inferred mileage module as well as the emissions maintenance warning module. And, one of those links led to TSB 89-22-08 EMW/IMS Applications, which is now included on the page TSB's/Emissions Maintenance Warning Module. Have a look and see what its info does to/for this discussion.

Thanks, Mark! :nabble_smiley_good:

Mark/Dyn Blin emailed me with some links to information about the inferred mileage module as well as the emissions maintenance warning module. And, one of those links led to TSB 89-22-08 EMW/IMS Applications, which is now included on the page TSB's/Emissions Maintenance Warning Module. Have a look and see what its info does to/for this discussion.

Thanks, Mark! :nabble_smiley_good:

My pleasure,

IT would seen to put an (unsatisfactory) end to the question of when the IMS started to make the "EMISSIONS" lamp engage...

It never did...