Bullnose Forums

Victorian two tone 86 Supercab

Someone did a lousy job on repainting the upper half of the Victorian tu-tone.

Look how slanted the top stripe is. It is supposed to be straight across, and then curl down when it reaches the the end of the front clip.

Trying to clear the door handle?>..

Someone did a custom job on repainting the upper half of the Victorian tu-tone.

Sorry, but "lousy" isn't the right word here (regardless of my obvious preference as seen below :nabble_smiley_beam:).

I would be closer, although it's still a clean job, to calling this 34k Bronco out in that regard as the door is straight but the fender slants down.

1986-Ford-Bronco-american-classics--Car-101252167-9b8c5aa66534d5b633dd57c875ed5464.jpg.6c0abec154e7518e4e1b1b4959af5bea.jpg

But I will say I am no doubt biased in favor of the slant. This was the truck that I was dead set on using the same style and color scheme on. In the end, I deviated from it a little in style and color (and if I were to do it again I would probably get rid of the factory lower trim for a cleaner look). If I didn't have a tan interior I would have definitely gone with the factory blue exterior. The blue/white is a very sharp combo.

IMG_20200408_120955.jpg.b21b7e1edd605db7528c713d5ee8926f.jpg

Someone did a custom job on repainting the upper half of the Victorian tu-tone.

Sorry, but "lousy" isn't the right word here (regardless of my obvious preference as seen below :nabble_smiley_beam:).

I would be closer, although it's still a clean job, to calling this 34k Bronco out in that regard as the door is straight but the fender slants down.

But I will say I am no doubt biased in favor of the slant. This was the truck that I was dead set on using the same style and color scheme on. In the end, I deviated from it a little in style and color (and if I were to do it again I would probably get rid of the factory lower trim for a cleaner look). If I didn't have a tan interior I would have definitely gone with the factory blue exterior. The blue/white is a very sharp combo.

It is *supposed* to look more like this:

It is *supposed* to look more like this:

Oh don't misunderstand me, I am not arguing where the factory line was. I am saying that with the blue/white truck it is obvious they intended for the slant to be there and from the photos I've looked at, it is well done.

One could make a comment about the wording used of "factory-correct repaint" on BaT if they wanted... :nabble_smiley_wink: