Bullnose Forums

Speedometer Mileage Reset

Machspeed

It appears that I do not have the "pinion shaft undercuts" as noted in the Ford descriptive linked below in order to reset my speedometer: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/gauges1.html

There are two small bolts attaching the assembly to the speedometer face that I could remove to explore other ways but I will have interference with the speedometer needle, which makes me a bit nervous. Wondering if I could just press out the pinion shaft pin holding the green gears and reset?

Speedo1.jpg.d1cfe7fd8b6fc498966e120c1dd08297.jpg

Speedo2.jpg.db026531d9b5d9bfe8a9cc0646980283.jpg

Pressed out the pinion shaft, aligned to my desired mileage, taped them to keep from moving, and re-installed. Piece of cake! Thanks Scott.

How bout that, less mileage on it now than when I bought it new. Actually, I was so close to 100k that I just reset the new instrument cluster for zero and drove it 7 miles to check out the instrumentation. Love it! Finally have a tach, gauge needles repainted, and dash lights are now nice and bright with my LED replacement bulbs, this to include the light for the brights. Prior to that bulb replacement, never did know if my brights were on or not. Did the headlight harness mod and now there is no doubt when those brights are on, that's how bad my headlights were. Don't know how I dealt with those dim headlights.

Ohhhh.....love my new Alpine Blue Tooth stereo too!

Dash.thumb.jpg.a86e72b0f0be04e31330c9555ffac6ff.jpg

Dash1.thumb.jpg.fe304b7d650030dfb5e99df0a7f1a3d6.jpg

How bout that, less mileage on it now than when I bought it new. Actually, I was so close to 100k that I just reset the new instrument cluster for zero and drove it 7 miles to check out the instrumentation. Love it! Finally have a tach, gauge needles repainted, and dash lights are now nice and bright with my LED replacement bulbs, this to include the light for the brights. Prior to that bulb replacement, never did know if my brights were on or not. Did the headlight harness mod and now there is no doubt when those brights are on, that's how bad my headlights were. Don't know how I dealt with those dim headlights.

Ohhhh.....love my new Alpine Blue Tooth stereo too!

Looks wonderful, John! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps: