Bullnose Forums

HEI install help please

JG2020

New plugs are gapped at . 050 and installed. HEI is installed hopefully close to correct timing. Oil pump shaft took a very hard y

ank and it released so thanks for that tip!

Now I need to find a power source for the pos. wire off the dizzy . Does the vacuum advance need to go anywhere special or just a like size port on the vacuum tree ?

Thanks again !

Gary will be able to assist with the 12V wire. You will benefit from using a relay.

Find a ported vacuum port on the carburetor. At idle speed, there should be no vacuum and as soon as the throttle plate is opened, vacuum will be present.

Gary will be able to assist with the 12V wire. You will benefit from using a relay.

Find a ported vacuum port on the carburetor. At idle speed, there should be no vacuum and as soon as the throttle plate is opened, vacuum will be present.

On most trucks there's an unused heavy yellow wire under the brake master cylinder, or in that area, that is hot at all times. And you can tap a wire that is hot in Run to pull the relay in. For instance the white/light blue that goes to the ignition will work.

On most trucks there's an unused heavy yellow wire under the brake master cylinder, or in that area, that is hot at all times. And you can tap a wire that is hot in Run to pull the relay in. For instance the white/light blue that goes to the ignition will work.

Thanks! In trying to research some more it looks like I can get a relay or use the wire that went to the old coil? Does that sound correct?

Hope I get it running before alt. side of the street parking for the street sweeper next Monday!

Thanks! In trying to research some more it looks like I can get a relay or use the wire that went to the old coil? Does that sound correct?

Hope I get it running before alt. side of the street parking for the street sweeper next Monday!

I did all this recently.

I went with a heavy duty headlight wiring harness with relay from Rural King. Tractor supply has them too.

You have to run the 12v to the dizzy from the relay. Run the "key on" signal from a wire near the starter solenoid on the passenger inner fender. Hook the other 12v source to the dizzy directly to the positive post on the battery. Run your 12v wire through radiator support over to drivers headlight harness and wrap it into that harness. Then run your 12v switched wire to dizzy.

I put the vacuum advance towards the rear of the engine.

20200713_174639.jpg.aca6faca1119e6a7d72546de68886855.jpg

I did all this recently.

I went with a heavy duty headlight wiring harness with relay from Rural King. Tractor supply has them too.

You have to run the 12v to the dizzy from the relay. Run the "key on" signal from a wire near the starter solenoid on the passenger inner fender. Hook the other 12v source to the dizzy directly to the positive post on the battery. Run your 12v wire through radiator support over to drivers headlight harness and wrap it into that harness. Then run your 12v switched wire to dizzy.

I put the vacuum advance towards the rear of the engine.

Awesome. Thanks for the detailed response!

I have a tractor supply by me also.

Awesome. Thanks for the detailed response!

I have a tractor supply by me also.

The headlight harness is $20-$$30 I think. It gives you 2 circuits, because it is designed as a headlight harness. So I ran both circuits over to the drivers side. So I have a spare switched 12v circuit over there for any future accessories, or as a redundant circuit for the dizzy should the first circuit fail for some reason.

The headlight harness is $20-$$30 I think. It gives you 2 circuits, because it is designed as a headlight harness. So I ran both circuits over to the drivers side. So I have a spare switched 12v circuit over there for any future accessories, or as a redundant circuit for the dizzy should the first circuit fail for some reason.

https://www.ruralking.com/heavy-duty-light-wiring-harness?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_content=210400579&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhb36BRCfARIsAKcXh6HFYGIP1Fn9az0_Sl-Ti_fViPGp7ZOteJZtuXkj6OOgp_AiuYoYsrwaArQSEALw_wcB

This is what I used.

One of the wires from the toggle switch is your signal wire to run to your switched 12v source, it will engage the relay.

A relay is required for it to run properly. There is no switched power feed on a Bullnose that will provide the needed current. And certainly not the wire to the old coil.

But, that wire can be used to pull in a relay.