Bullnose Forums

1982 XLS Flareside

I'm guessing this must be part of a FB combo, or something? :nabble_anim_confused:

Actually this was something Gary and I talked about when I came to Skiatook in 2017 (using a mill), and I have mentioned it to Chris by messenger. I think opening the clock holes, even without access to machine equipment, is an easier prospect than replicating the finish. Finding an OEM bezel with clock holes already in it is obviously the best, but for whatever reason the clock option was extremely uncommon for XLS.

That is still in the back of my mind. It is just nerve-wrecking thinking about cutting a XLS bezel :nabble_anim_crazy:

YES! It really IS!

That is still in the back of my mind. It is just nerve-wrecking thinking about cutting a XLS bezel :nabble_anim_crazy:

If you have a junk bezel, (or at least non-XLS), practice on that first and make your rookie mistakes on that. Don’t attempt it with carpentry tools and an expectation that you can do it in 10-15 minutes. Get detail oriented tools and expect to spend as long as it takes to get the results you want.