Bullnose Forums

1982 XLS Flareside

Hello guys! As many of you know, I was the one who bought the silver XLS out of Spokane WA. I'm sorry about the update delay! I picked up the truck a little over a month ago with the help of an awesome friend. Covid-19 tested my patience as the truck had to sit at a friends for 3 months! She runs and drives great! I have not done much to her because I am going to school. I did purchase a Marti Report for the truck. Turns out she is one of one, which makes all of my trucks one of one believe it or not! When I bought the truck it was missing the bezels. Coincidentally I purchased a set a few years back. I have been collecting XLS parts for about 4 years now in hopes to make a clone. I still cant believe that I have a real one! The plan is to get done with college and start the restoration on the old girl! Below are some pictures. Also, yes the blue wheels went bye bye first! http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/laughing-25-x-25_orig.gif

xls4.jpeg.bfe31dbc03126b648b48e168263c9ff2.jpeg

xls.jpeg.51fc0733e4e93b27801e0e7c340abd21.jpeg

xls3.jpeg.3e789dc87cb7c861385868ea36f3787f.jpeg

xls2.jpeg.500135f6c881767aaae4436bab23768d.jpeg

If anyone finds an uncut clock radio bezel for an XLS please let me know!

xls6.jpg.b53796e6edbacff6de9d197593937696.jpg

xls5.jpeg.7efe3c40768fdbfdf9080f10fcbadd49.jpeg

Such a nice straight truck Chris, I’m so glad you were the one to land this deal... and I look forward to the updates when you start building it 😎

Great looking truck. As far as the radio bezel, you may want to find one on ebay and just paint it. These are pretty hard to find and are expensive when they can be found. The color should be an easy match. We had to re-paint ours when we took the dash out to mod it.

DSCN0721.jpg.16fc7680cce2d4eee2fc7b48472a8426.jpg

DSCN0725.jpg.934cc5ee1038624caf57fbae9e0e37df.jpg

Also, yes the blue wheels went bye bye first!

I see things painted odd colors all the time and I have to wonder what was going through the person's mind...lol. "I think this truck would look better with blue wheels?" No, false! I'm also not a fan of the whole fad of painting wheels red either...that's another thing I'd have to correct immediately...lol.

In any case, I'm really glad that you (a true fanatic? Enthusiast?) got this truck. It is also very impressive that the truck is still so well intact with the original paint and all. Thank goodness for the dryness of NE Washington? There are about 40 other states where if that truck had lived it would not be in the condition it is in now. Very well done Chris, a tip of the hat to you.

Great looking truck. As far as the radio bezel, you may want to find one on ebay and just paint it. These are pretty hard to find and are expensive when they can be found. The color should be an easy match. We had to re-paint ours when we took the dash out to mod it.

Unfortunately I think you are right. I was thinking I might have a friend who does decals just put a brushed aluminum finish decal.

Also, yes the blue wheels went bye bye first!

I see things painted odd colors all the time and I have to wonder what was going through the person's mind...lol. "I think this truck would look better with blue wheels?" No, false! I'm also not a fan of the whole fad of painting wheels red either...that's another thing I'd have to correct immediately...lol.

In any case, I'm really glad that you (a true fanatic? Enthusiast?) got this truck. It is also very impressive that the truck is still so well intact with the original paint and all. Thank goodness for the dryness of NE Washington? There are about 40 other states where if that truck had lived it would not be in the condition it is in now. Very well done Chris, a tip of the hat to you.

It definitely has a different kind of rust compared to MT rust. I am just happy the cab corners are not rusted!

Unfortunately I think you are right. I was thinking I might have a friend who does decals just put a brushed aluminum finish decal.

Chris, maybe brushed aluminum decals would be the way to go if you have someone that can do them. you were very lucky to find them to begin with. Tell me, i cant see from the pics, whats really wrong with them? Are you keeping the stock rims and painting them the correct color?.