Bullnose Forums

Just wanted to say hello!

Well, it’s been a long 2 months! I’ve got almost everything wired up. A couple specific issues- the right head light is only getting 8 volts when on, the high beam is getting 12. 8 volts doesn’t seem to be enough to light it up. The high beam warning light also is lit very dimly on low beam and brightly on high. This is a new light, new harness and grounds are solid. I’m thinking of putting in some relays for the headlights. But want to make sure I don’t have another fire under the dash! Any ideas what could cause the voltage to drop like that?

Second issue- steering wheel is tilt, but it doesn’t lock into position, if you pull down on the wheel it drops to the lowest position. You have to push the turn signal lever in to move it back up.

Oops, I forgot the steering wheel. There's a part in the tilt column that is known to break. When it does it can cause the problem you are having as well as an issue where the truck won't start. There is a short discussion of that on the page at Documentation/Interior/Steering Columns, and some links there to how to fix it.

Oops, I forgot the steering wheel. There's a part in the tilt column that is known to break. When it does it can cause the problem you are having as well as an issue where the truck won't start. There is a short discussion of that on the page at Documentation/Interior/Steering Columns, and some links there to how to fix it.
Thank you very much, I will check all that you have suggested.   A big thanks for the whole forum, I find myself reading a little bit every night, sometimes too late!  

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020, 7:15 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote: