Bullnose Forums

Electrical Issues - 84 F250

swampedout

I'm not sure what you mean by "too many amps".

The tach is only counting how often the ground connection is broken.

Hot melt glue usually look as dribbled on like that.

A few years back I would have had plenty of components to fix that antique.

But when I had to divest myself of storage, junk that had no future had to go.

Perhaps Autometer still has a service center where they can make repairs.

According to the net, they have a great return policy. Havent had time to find out

Im not too sure what did it in, but for a while it was really slow/late to register then one day it started smoking and thats it since

• 3 weeks later...

According to the net, they have a great return policy. Havent had time to find out

Im not too sure what did it in, but for a while it was really slow/late to register then one day it started smoking and thats it since

Havent made much progress on the truck but I did buy a new computer so my wife can do school online. So now I can actually see the wiring diagrams on a screen that doesn't fit in my pocket.

I have a couple questions about the diagrams.

1. On the wire descriptions, why is there a number before the color code? (16 R-LG for example)

2. Where does the wire routing number system and the wiring diagram location numbering system meet up? Im assuming they reference each other somewhere.

Dont worry, there will be plenty more stupid questions once these are answered:nabble_smiley_teeth:

Hope everyone is doing well,

Sam

Havent made much progress on the truck but I did buy a new computer so my wife can do school online. So now I can actually see the wiring diagrams on a screen that doesn't fit in my pocket.

I have a couple questions about the diagrams.

1. On the wire descriptions, why is there a number before the color code? (16 R-LG for example)

2. Where does the wire routing number system and the wiring diagram location numbering system meet up? Im assuming they reference each other somewhere.

Dont worry, there will be plenty more stupid questions once these are answered:nabble_smiley_teeth:

Hope everyone is doing well,

Sam

Oh, but the good news is the truck fired up first turn of the key after not being started in two weeks. I guess the warm weather helps. Im not sure if Ive eliminated the draw but its a good sign.

Oh, but the good news is the truck fired up first turn of the key after not being started in two weeks. I guess the warm weather helps. Im not sure if Ive eliminated the draw but its a good sign.

Great on the truck!

The numbers are just to designate the circuit for referencing.

I believe what you are looking for in your second question is the COMPONENT LOCATION chart that is shown in the text part of each EVTM section. It doesn't deal with the wires themselves but rather connectors, splices, ground points, sensors, etc

I think Scott answered your questions, but congrat's on it starting so easily. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 2 weeks later...

I think Scott answered your questions, but congrat's on it starting so easily. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thank you both! I think I need to print some of these documents out so I can see them side by side.

So here's a new issue that I am looking at now. The fuel pump has always been really loud when I turn the truck on. Recently, I've experienced a couple times where it felt like the truck was starving for fuel and cut out just idling in the driveway while I was doing something else. Tonight I was messing with it and it did it again and when I went to restart it, I realized I couldn't hear the pump came on. About 15 minutes, I tried again and everything was back to normal, smooth idle. Fuel pump was loud and it started immediately. So who knows what the previous owner did but I'm suspecting a loose wire somewhere. The hood was open and its nowhere near hot enough for me to suspect a heat soak issue.

Also, I retract my previous statement about the rear pump working.

And, just to help you help me, the tanks are both rigged with garden hose vents (previous owner). I wonder if this is making a problem on the pumps pulling.

Thank you both! I think I need to print some of these documents out so I can see them side by side.

So here's a new issue that I am looking at now. The fuel pump has always been really loud when I turn the truck on. Recently, I've experienced a couple times where it felt like the truck was starving for fuel and cut out just idling in the driveway while I was doing something else. Tonight I was messing with it and it did it again and when I went to restart it, I realized I couldn't hear the pump came on. About 15 minutes, I tried again and everything was back to normal, smooth idle. Fuel pump was loud and it started immediately. So who knows what the previous owner did but I'm suspecting a loose wire somewhere. The hood was open and its nowhere near hot enough for me to suspect a heat soak issue.

And, just to help you help me, the tanks are both rigged with garden hose vents (previous owner). I wonder if this is making a problem on the pumps pulling.

And of course, the "Aftermarket" Electrical Work strikes again. My Pink/blk wire->fusible link->blue wire is cut right after the fusible link...So how are my pumps powered? To be continued

I appreciate you both, Scott and Gary, for the discussion you had on Scott's fuel pump issues this past fall. That thread is very useful for me.

And of course, the "Aftermarket" Electrical Work strikes again. My Pink/blk wire->fusible link->blue wire is cut right after the fusible link...So how are my pumps powered? To be continued

I appreciate you both, Scott and Gary, for the discussion you had on Scott's fuel pump issues this past fall. That thread is very useful for me.

20210527_193221.jpg.d7c803ec2bb355ab9634e6ed1a69b526.jpg

Is this relay next to the booster for the fuel pump?

20210527_193229.jpg.772743e7d4d3eac21bbc73d44eb3ada9.jpg

Just a reminder of the mess. Theres another smaller relay in there, green. But isnt there supposed to be a pump relay and trailer light relay somewhere around here?

My rear pump got loud before it failed. May not be your problem, but they’re pretty quiet.

My rear pump got loud before it failed. May not be your problem, but they’re pretty quiet.

Its been loud for the 2 years Ive had the truck. It never struck me as a good sign, but it always worked so I never questioned it. Previous owner did tell me the pumps were replaced at some point, although I have reason to question the quality of work they did.

Im going to order some wire this weekend. The Yellow wire running to that relay has some spots where the insulations melted.