Bullnose Forums

Sway Bar Convo

Seeing as I haven’t driven the Bronco more than a few block since I bought it, you’d think I wasn’t thinking about handling yet...

Just doing some reconnaissance underneath and realized I have no sway bars in front or back. I’m having no trouble finding rear sway bars, but does anyone know the set up for the front?

Sway bars were an option. They are shown on the page at Documentation/Suspension & Steering/Sway Bar.

Yeah, that was probably a terrible way to start - I should have mentioned I looked through the documentation and found those part numbers, but I’m not seeing much of a kit out there for front. Or even a lot of aftermarket.

It made me wonder if people don’t do the front.

Does it even make sense to run rear sway bars and no front?

Yeah, that was probably a terrible way to start - I should have mentioned I looked through the documentation and found those part numbers, but I’m not seeing much of a kit out there for front. Or even a lot of aftermarket.

It made me wonder if people don’t do the front.

The rear may help. Haven't tried just one end.

Do some searching on the forum using the search bar at the top right. David/1986F150Six has found sway bars for sale and has posted them. Should be in Marketplace/eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, & Kijiji Finds.

The rear may help. Haven't tried just one end.

Do some searching on the forum using the search bar at the top right. David/1986F150Six has found sway bars for sale and has posted them. Should be in Marketplace/eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, & Kijiji Finds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-Rear-Sway-Bar-For-1980s-Ford-F-150-/264818507822?hash=item3da869c02e%3Ag%3A5zAAAOSwULJfKIuN&nma=true&si=1v4qo7WB2P2AlnuseWUtOUTGysw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The listing ended, meaning probably did not sell. This is for a front sway bar, but listed as rear. You might try getting in touch with the seller via email.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-Rear-Sway-Bar-For-1980s-Ford-F-150-/264818507822?hash=item3da869c02e%3Ag%3A5zAAAOSwULJfKIuN&nma=true&si=1v4qo7WB2P2AlnuseWUtOUTGysw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The listing ended, meaning probably did not sell. This is for a front sway bar, but listed as rear. You might try getting in touch with the seller via email.

Thanks, David!

My '84 F150 came from the factory with no swaybars, and I have installed only a rear bar. I found it made a big difference, but I did it during the winter with a bunch of other work, so it wasn't like did it one day and drove it the next. I bought both front and rear swaybars to install, but haven't gotten to the front yet...at this point and time, I'm basically leaving the install for the downtime in the winter.

Do you have the 8.8 rear end or 9"?

Swaybars are much more common on the 1987-1996 trucks and Broncos, so they're easier to find if you're looking for a set to install. The 1995 F150 I just bought has both front and rear factory bars.

My '84 F150 came from the factory with no swaybars, and I have installed only a rear bar. I found it made a big difference, but I did it during the winter with a bunch of other work, so it wasn't like did it one day and drove it the next. I bought both front and rear swaybars to install, but haven't gotten to the front yet...at this point and time, I'm basically leaving the install for the downtime in the winter.

Do you have the 8.8 rear end or 9"?

Swaybars are much more common on the 1987-1996 trucks and Broncos, so they're easier to find if you're looking for a set to install. The 1995 F150 I just bought has both front and rear factory bars.

I have the 9”

Looks like the rear sway has a lot more options so I may just go with that. The aftermarket rear sway bars look to be no different with either differential.

I have the 9”

Looks like the rear sway has a lot more options so I may just go with that. The aftermarket rear sway bars look to be no different with either differential.

Even the factory bars are all the same. All that changes is how they attach. The brackets that attach to the axle are different between a 9" and 8.8, but the bar itself and all of the other parts are the same.