Bullnose Forums

1985 Interior trim for a crew cab.

Wogtur

Hi all, im having a hard time finding interior trim for the crew cabs on these trucks. I am planning on looking at some extended cabs in the near future hoping that some on it will fit on my truck. I have the Dash and a pillar trim. Just looking for everything from there back. Last resort i wouldn't mind leaving it without the trim as i know some models only have the a pillar trim, just don't know how to make it look good. All advice is appreciated, still loving my giant piece of steel!

The crew cab shares more trim with single cab trucks than with extended cabs. As far as I know, all crew cabs had single wall roofs with headliners so to make it look nice you are going to need the press board & cloth headliner and the appropriate cab trim. The crew cab specific pieces that are tough to find are the rear door panels, the B pillar trim between the front and rear doors and the seat belt retractor plugs for the rear cab corners since the rear belts are lap style that retract at the floor. The metal channel above the rear doors is shorter than the front (so it is crew cab specific) but is easy to make by shortening a second set from over the front doors.

You can use a press board headliner from a later 87-96 crew cab if that is what you find. I don’t know if you could make do with later model B pillar trim, as I’m not sure when they changed to floor retracting seatbelts with a D ring above the shoulders. The later crew cab rear door panels look quite different and they moved the door latch, so if your door panels are missing you pretty much need the 83-86 style. If you are very patient I may have extra interior parts from my project, but it would take me a while to get to it. Also, shipping on the large pieces can become a bit pricey. See what you can come up with locally. Like I said, the crew cab interior is identical to the single cab headliner interior with some extra pieces in between.

A few items I learned (a) front and rear bench seats are the same, front should have the back locked, rear will tilt forward (b) all the back of cab trim is same as a standard cab rear door panels and "B" pillar are crew cab specific © the rear corners have the mountings for outboard seat belts lower attachment is in the "trough" and will have a rubber plug in the hole, upper retractor hole may not be tapped, but is easily done 7/16-20 thread (d) rear doors do not have a dome light switch nor any wiring for it and if the truck has power windows and locks, not in the rear (e) cab mounts, front are same as all other cabs, rear may be the same mounts but bolts are very long as they pass through the rear cab crossmember (f) floor is interesting, mine came with a 460 and C6 but has the tall transmission cover the rear seat and front seat mounting are is identical and there is roughly 35" extension that forms the rear footwells.

Underneath you will find that fuel lines, exhaust and brake lines have extensions in them to allow for the 35" longer wheelbase. You will learn that the old "give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around" definitely applies to the 4WD models, 2WD ones have different steering components than standard and super cab models allowing the inside front wheel to go close to 90° to the frame.

Enjoy it, they are definitely tough trucks and good looking.