Bullnose Forums

Connecticut Classic Car Parts - heads up

A million miles?

Maybe from a larger L style truck?

Li'l Red is within 40k of half lifing that odo!

But we all know nothing lasts forever.

Obviously, the speedo you purchased in not NO-anything.

I really can't get people who misresprent their 💩

Why??

Yep correct, it is for like a F450 and larger truck. It will be a straight swap into our 80 - 86 trucks as its the same cluster. Just the odometer itself is not the same dimensions as the non million mile odometer so you cant swap it into one with trip. Looking at the parts and illustration guide the F450 and larger trucks with this million mile odometer never had a option for a trip odometer.

Also you are correct nothing lasts forever. I dont know how many miles are on my truck I would just make a educated guess I figure the miliage would be around 180,000 - 200,000.

Yep correct, it is for like a F450 and larger truck. It will be a straight swap into our 80 - 86 trucks as its the same cluster. Just the odometer itself is not the same dimensions as the non million mile odometer so you cant swap it into one with trip. Looking at the parts and illustration guide the F450 and larger trucks with this million mile odometer never had a option for a trip odometer.

Also you are correct nothing lasts forever. I dont know how many miles are on my truck I would just make a educated guess I figure the miliage would be around 180,000 - 200,000.

I installed the same Medium Duty speedometer in my F150. Note the red 1/10s digit, which signifies being a replacement unit.

I installed the same Medium Duty speedometer in my F150. Note the red 1/10s digit, which signifies being a replacement unit.

Interesting, I didnt know the red tenths was a replacement unit.

I do plan on trying to find out if there is a way to repurpose the odometer from that speedometer to my non million mile unit. Surely they didnt change the bracketry. If all it is, is the window is a little larger I might just take and file my window open a little more.

But since Dakota digital has their retro line up and I am trying to pressure them into releasing the 80 - 86 trucks in that line up as well I wont need to do that.

As far as the topic goes, I got a email today and a refund via paypal. The graciously without arguing or commenting said that they were extremely sorry and that they are issuing a 50% refund. Ill take it cause I can take and send this odometer out to Bobs Speedometer shop and they informed me they could rebuild it for $120. At least I can have this one rebuilt then when I pull my odometer out of my cluster in the car I can send that one off and have that one rebuilt as well and keep it as a spare.

A million miles?

We got the extra digit in the regular trucks in the early 80's...since ours are in Kilometers. I think 1980-81 have the 5-digit, and then 82-86 had the Million KM odometers. In the US, I think the regular trucks had the 5-digit odometers for all the Bullnose years.

A million miles?

We got the extra digit in the regular trucks in the early 80's...since ours are in Kilometers. I think 1980-81 have the 5-digit, and then 82-86 had the Million KM odometers. In the US, I think the regular trucks had the 5-digit odometers for all the Bullnose years.

From what I have seen you are right, the US market we only had the 100k mile odometer for the light duty trucks.