Bullnose Forums

1981 F250 4x4 Flatbed Oregon

Hard to see for sure, but it looks to be a later 81 as it doesn't seem to have the swiss cheese frame.

Will the VIN number tell you? Assuming that’s the correct one.

I didn't realize that they did away with the Swiss cheese frame during '81. I thought it was between '81 and '82. But it doesn't look like this one has the holes, so I guess Shaun's right. :nabble_smiley_good:

Dane - I don't think the VIN would tell us anything. The build date would help us understand when the change happened though. We have the info from both Rusty and Dad's truck, and several others I'm sure that might help us figure it out.

I didn't realize that they did away with the Swiss cheese frame during '81. I thought it was between '81 and '82. But it doesn't look like this one has the holes, so I guess Shaun's right. :nabble_smiley_good:

Dane - I don't think the VIN would tell us anything. The build date would help us understand when the change happened though. We have the info from both Rusty and Dad's truck, and several others I'm sure that might help us figure it out.

I based my information upon my memory of a possible poll over on FTE where I thought folks chimed in with late 81s who did not have swiss cheese frames. But that's an old memory and may not be correct.