Bullnose Forums

Footwell courtesy lights.

Does your dome light work? It runs off the same fuse and wiring.

In the diagram below you can see the left hand door jamb switch and Ckt 53 (Bk/LB) comes down to C125, which is presumably where you plugged your convenience lights in.

1985-etm-page84.thumb.jpg.3c134f83dcade88eea8fa91904865ed7.jpg

And C125 is shown in this illustration. Is that the one you used? Did you get the lights grounded? They have to be to work. Have you put a meter on the Bk/LB wire to see if it has power?

1985-etm-page69.thumb.jpg.2e765239bbdb7f1c0f47de77fe478425.jpg

In the diagram below you can see the left hand door jamb switch and Ckt 53 (Bk/LB) comes down to C125, which is presumably where you plugged your convenience lights in.

And C125 is shown in this illustration. Is that the one you used? Did you get the lights grounded? They have to be to work. Have you put a meter on the Bk/LB wire to see if it has power?

The dome light works from both door switches, the lamps are grounded as I've screwed them onto the dash with the factory mounts, and I've checked the wire for voltage in the base of the sockets. Nada. I'm looking at the drawings to see If I can remember where they plugged in.

Mark

The dome light works from both door switches, the lamps are grounded as I've screwed them onto the dash with the factory mounts, and I've checked the wire for voltage in the base of the sockets. Nada. I'm looking at the drawings to see If I can remember where they plugged in.

Mark

With a quick peek it appears I plugged them in to C125. There's really nowhere else they could go that I know of. I think I'll dig into the dash to make sure.

A side note: the dome light doesn't work from the headlight switch. Is this a common failure? Looking at the wiring diagrams the issues shouldn't be related.

Mark