Bullnose Forums

EGR tube connector

Myrl I looked and see nothing like it. Not sure if you read any of he other posts, but it appears the egr in Brutus has been gone for some 10 years now, i didn't realize until i started talking about it on here, and talking with Nick. shen i redid the vacuum i got rid of all the solenoids and the egr was never connected. I rebuilt the yfa and actually gained a few mpg. That truck always got 11 no matter ac, not matter what. it gets about 13 now. i cut the pipe off the carb plate and am getting a different carb spacer. Cant see any reason to connect any of it back, it hasn't been working in 10 years and the engine actually runs better, i can even use low 87 octane fuel with knock and ping ( although i dont ) but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Thanks so much for trying to find it

I don't blame you a bit. All of the emission parts from my '81 seem to have fallen off of it, and I can't for the life of me find them in my garage to put back on!

It was a California truck with EEC-III and a VV carb. Ewww!

I don't blame you a bit. All of the emission parts from my '81 seem to have fallen off of it, and I can't for the life of me find them in my garage to put back on!

It was a California truck with EEC-III and a VV carb. Ewww!

Some of it rusted and fell off when the truck was 6 months old. ahhhh the vv carb. those were alot of fun, well, until the fire:-) I think Brutus has california or had California emmissions at some point in his life. Everytime you would look under there, something else rusted and fell off and you just look and say wht the heck was that, i duno, truck is still running good