Bullnose Forums

Chuckles

I have one at work on my tool box, I had it printed out on a magnet so if I ever got rid of my matco service cart I can move it to my new box. I also have the gun fighters prayer as a magnet as well on my box.

I agree with a C6 not being great for fuel economy, but is a pretty robust unit. Darth's had over 100K when I switched the EFI and the E4OD and as far as I could tell was pretty much all in towing, he was originally owned by a horse breeder and I bought him to haul our 30ft 5th wheel.

The newer automatics with multiple gears and lockup converters (which were originally introduced in 1948 for the 1949 model year by Packard) are quite efficient. My E4OD is programmed to stay in lockup until 80% throttle which is very close to the downshift point. I was hauling a nice heavy trailer that belongs to my wife's cousin (contractor) and had two big steel overhead doors one 11 ft 6 in wide by probably 15 ft high and one 12 ft 8 in wide by the same height and 3 operators and a steel security door with frame. The truck had a load of tools and some other parts. Coming uphill on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, at 54 mph, the transmission downshifted from 4th (OD) to 3rd (direct), rpm went from a little under 1500 to 2700, then the lockup clutch re-engaged and rpm dropped to 2200. 2700 was what I used to see at 55 towing with the C6.

For when you need it, this can be a lifesaver:

Rare_Lucas_part.jpg.1cc4b5cdcd3ff2e64fc7a1673c543c8c.jpg

I agree with a C6 not being great for fuel economy, but is a pretty robust unit. Darth's had over 100K when I switched the EFI and the E4OD and as far as I could tell was pretty much all in towing, he was originally owned by a horse breeder and I bought him to haul our 30ft 5th wheel.

The newer automatics with multiple gears and lockup converters (which were originally introduced in 1948 for the 1949 model year by Packard) are quite efficient. My E4OD is programmed to stay in lockup until 80% throttle which is very close to the downshift point. I was hauling a nice heavy trailer that belongs to my wife's cousin (contractor) and had two big steel overhead doors one 11 ft 6 in wide by probably 15 ft high and one 12 ft 8 in wide by the same height and 3 operators and a steel security door with frame. The truck had a load of tools and some other parts. Coming uphill on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, at 54 mph, the transmission downshifted from 4th (OD) to 3rd (direct), rpm went from a little under 1500 to 2700, then the lockup clutch re-engaged and rpm dropped to 2200. 2700 was what I used to see at 55 towing with the C6.

For when you need it, this can be a lifesaver:

Nice, I decided to stick with my C6 just switch to aftermarket fuel injection and swap out the planetary gear set for the E4OD unit for a quicker first and second gear.

I am real anxious to see how the Hughes XTM I believe it is converter will be. it is claimed its supposed to reduce slippage as well as help the transmission run cooler by moving twice the amount of transmission fluid as a stock unit.

Still very hopeful for 3% to 5% slipage but I feel its going to be more than that and force me to run a 3.00:1 axle ratio instead of the 3.25:1 I really want to run.

l-53239-every-machine-is-a-smoke-machine-if-you-operate-it-wrong-enough.jpg.f166eaad658cc08aa557f926784f2687.jpg

Nice, I decided to stick with my C6 just switch to aftermarket fuel injection and swap out the planetary gear set for the E4OD unit for a quicker first and second gear.

I am real anxious to see how the Hughes XTM I believe it is converter will be. it is claimed its supposed to reduce slippage as well as help the transmission run cooler by moving twice the amount of transmission fluid as a stock unit.

Still very hopeful for 3% to 5% slipage but I feel its going to be more than that and force me to run a 3.00:1 axle ratio instead of the 3.25:1 I really want to run.

Here's one of my favorites169.jpeg.f03bb861b5ef67e70ecffd8c521e13e7.jpeg

Here's one of my favorites

Even the M-block/Cleveland 2V heads have big ports. A member, Brandon/Bruno2, came over to get a pair of Windsor heads from me. I told him were they were and he came back with the 2V heads. I showed him the difference to Windsor ports and he was shocked. :nabble_smiley_evil: